Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Kink Convention Part 2

Posted 08-09-2018 at 12:22 PM by Butterfly

Day two of the convention started with a bang ... or more so a loud buzz as the fire alarm was set off at 8 am. Since we didn't go to bed until close to 3 am, there was a lot of grumpy people.

We tried to have breakfast with Plut, Don, Shadow and M but it turns out the reason the alarm went off was because of the bacon being cooked for the breakfast. As a result, the fire department showed up, and they were no longer allowed to use the oven. Microwave bacon (although it made Shadow feel right at home :P) was NOT appealing, so Mr. Devious and I went back to our room.

A lot of people in our group decided to skip the first classes because of being tired, but I was too excited for our classes, so I got dressed: in my onesie, black bra, thong panties and sweater (it was cold in there), grabbed my pink notebook and rainbow penguin pen, and headed to our first class.

Gerbils, Coke Bottles & Chainsaws
This class was all about things that you can and shouldn't put inside you. It started with the mouth and worked its way through the vagina, ass, and urethra. Here are some of the things we learned:
  • Anything that goes in your own ass is safe to put in your mouth. You can't catch anything from yourself.
  • Anything that goes in your ass, DOES NOT go into your vagina.
  • Anything that you use in your own ass, can be washed with just soap and water. If you are planning to share that object with another ass, it should be boiled, put in the dishwasher on sanitize or covered.
  • Your ass is not a sterile environment, so as long as you are keeping things relatively clean (soap and hot water), there isn't a big risk to get an infection from bacteria.
  • If an object gets stuck in your ass, the best way to try and get it out, is to squat and let gravity help. If it is stuck for longer than an hour, you are going to require assistance.
  • To prevent something from getting stuck in your ass, add a string to it if it doesn't have a natural base. Even some toys with a base, can easily get vacumed up inside you.
  • One thing you want to be careful with for vaginal play is sugar. Some are more sensitive than others.
  • If you do choose to use items that contain sugar, orgasms are self cleaning. If you have orgasms, it can help to wash anything out that may cause imbalances.
  • There are non sugar options, for example sugar free popsicles.
  • When using things like ginger, hot sauce etc. milk or yogurt will help stop the burn. DO NOT USE WATER. It will just help spread the oils and make the burn worse.
  • If you are playing and blood appears, as long as it is bright red blood, it should heal on its own. If it is still there for a few days, you may need to go in and get internal stitches.
  • Water based lube is good for everywhere and everything.
  • Silicone lube can be used everywhere but not with silicone toys
  • Oil based lube can not be used on latex or inside vaginas
  • Flavor lube might not be vagina safe depending on if sugar is used. Look at the ingredients.
  • If something gets stuck inside because the lube has evaporated or absorbed, you can help by either using one of the lube shooters to get more lube inside you, or sit down in a tub of water, and try to let the water get inside you.
  • Do not put lightbulbs inside you.
  • Do not use an open ended container (ie a wine bottle). This will create a vacuum and can result in your insides coming outside (prolapse), which is NOT OK and can lead to death.
  • If this somehow happens, you need to crack the bottom of the container, or somehow break the seal. DO NOT YANK.
  • Knife fucking is ok. Go slow, stay calm, and use your fingers when inserting.
  • The urethra is a sterile environment. Do not share urethra toys with anybody else. They are a one person only toy.
  • Wear gloves and use lots of lube.
  • The male Urethra is about 8-10 inches long, the female urethra is about 4 inches.
  • Drink lots of water and cranberry juice to help prevent infections.
Prostate Milking for Beginners
Our second class was all about the basic prostate massage. Not only for pleasure, but also for significant health benefits. Here are some of the things we learned:
  • If you want to do an external prostate massage, most people think that they should massage the perineum (halfway between the balls and asshole), however, it is actually accessed right next to the asshole.
  • Silicone lube is best
  • In order for the prostate massage to work, it should last at least 20 minutes. The point is to tease them and edge them multiple times.
  • The person being massaged should lay on their back. Knees up if needed.
  • The person receiving the massage has only one job: Don't cum!
  • The person giving the massage should start by inserting their finger up to the first knuckle. While their finger is in there, they should use their mouth and/or hand to get the cock hard and then flacid over and over.
  • 7 minutes of teasing per knuckle.
  • The prostate should feel like a bumpy walnut, however, you will only be able to feel a spot about the size of a kidney bean.
  • Do not swallow the first cum when giving a prostate massage because there is a lot of build up from the prostate that is being released (that is the health benefit)
  • Exercises to help increase orgasm and/or to help you edge ... 3 sets of 10 of the following: cock ups, butt squeezes and stopping the flow of your pee midstream.
  • Electric play can help stimulate the prostate. There is a toy company called mystim which has great options.

On our lunch break, Mr. Devious and I took a bit of a break and ran out to grab some lunch together. It was nice to have a few minutes to ourselves. Although we mostly talked about everything we had learned, seen, done and heard over the last day.

When we returned to the hotel, it was time for our next classes.

Owning Your Fear; Bottoming for Fear Play
This class was all about being a bottom for feat play. I chose to take this class since we have recently started to experiment with fear play. However, Mr. Devious went to a class about the fundamentals of bondage. This is what I learned in my fear play class:
  • Fear play is edge play. There are always risks, you have to be risk aware.
  • Fear play (and kink in general) can be therapeutic, but don't use it as therapy.
  • Bodies heal, minds are harder to mend.
  • Fear play can be emotional for the top too.
  • Phobias need therapy, not kink.
  • You need to be extra careful when playing with somebody who has PTSD, anxiety, etc.
  • Go slow. Take a break and let both parties process before continuing to push harder. It may not seem like something major at the time, but it might take time to process.
  • Before playing, have a conversation with your top about types of possible reactions you could have (ie. panic attack) and how they should react to those.
  • Not disclosing to your top about mental health or other risks is NOT giving them the opportunity to give informed consent. That is a consent violation.
  • In order for fear play to work, you don't need to be in danger, or even believe the danger is real
  • Fear is one of the core emotions
  • Be aware of physical conditions as well. For example heart problems, or diabetes. Fear can affect sugar levels etc.
  • Some bottoms might not have a reaction until the crisis is resolved.
  • Have a nonverbal safeword as backup.
  • Fear play can uncover/trigger feelings of abandonment, helplessness, etc.
  • As a bottom, it is our responsibility to inform our top, communicate, and take the precautions that we need in order to keep ourselves safe.

At this point, Central and I decided to slip out of the class. To be honest, the presenter was a bit boring as she literally just sat at the front of the room and talked the whole time.

After we snuck out of the class, Central and I talked to a few people in the hallway. Central made the mistake of telling people that she was the boss. Then she started to walk away and told me to follow. Well of course I couldn't let her win, so I stood my ground and refused to move. It went back and forth, telling each other to "come here" over and over. I think the people in the hallway that we were talking to were pretty amused.

I finally suggested that we meet in the middle so that we neither of us would win or loose. Of course Central was still being stubborn and said no. But not too long after, she went and sat on a bench that was close to the middle. That means that I won! And I went and sat next to her.

Plut and Don found their way to us, and so did Mr. Devious. We got to play around with Plut and Don's shock collar. We put it on Mr. Devious' arm and I got to try all the settings. It was SO much fun, and I was already getting delicious ideas on how to use it later.

There were two more class timeslots available, but Mr. Devious and I didn't like any classes in the last slot, so we decided to go to one last class:

How to Be a Greedy Pig: Let Me Count the Ways
This class was all about being in poly relationships, open marriages etc.
  • Poly relationships can take many different forms: emotional, friendship, play only etc.
  • The difference between poly relationships and cheating is the honesty.
  • There are different levels of poly relationships.
  • Primary usually has an emotional entanglement. You may be financially joined, live together, share household duties etc.
  • Secondary could be a regular play partner but somebody you are not joined to legally in any way.
  • Tertiary is more of a friends with benefits situations.
  • You don't have to do poly the same way as your partner. So for example, partner A might have several tertiary partners whereas partner B might have one secondary partner.

At this point, we ducked out of this class. The presenter was a bit ... out there, and we didn't feel as though the information we were getting was really what we were hoping for.

We decided to go check out the vendors. Mr. Devious bought me a beautiful butterfly pin, and we had a nice look at some floggers and collars. We almost purchased a flogger, but I wasn't sure if I wanted something that heavy and we were going to wait to try out the one that Plut and Don bought (spoiler: I am glad I am waited).

We used our free time to have a rest in the hotel room. I curled up and slept for an hour while Mr. Devious relaxed and watched TV.

After our nap, we met Shadow, M and Central and went to Bob Evans for dinner. Shadow and Central gushed over photos of my kitties while we ate. On the car ride back, poor M was tickle attacked by Central. I was so glad that I was safely in the front of the car. Listening to her giggle was adorable though.

When we returned to the hotel, we were just in time for the closing ceremonies. There were some door prizes and giveaways happened when we walked in. We were stuck at the back, standing room only and so we figured we would never get something. But then they asked who had come the farthest. Most people were within Ohio or the surrounding states, however, as they kept asking how far people had come, our hands were one of the few left. When they heard we were from Canada, they knew we had beat everybody else, and we got a GIANT bottle of lube (photo to be uploaded soon).

After the closing ceremonies, they kicked us out so they could set the main play space back up. There was still some time before the little dive in movie, and Heart was being tied up outside, so we decided to go check it out.

She looked gorgeous all tied up. Unfortunately we didn't get to stay the whole time because we wanted to get to the little's dive in movie.

Stay tuned for more from night 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    im glad you got to see me do a little bit of rope
  2. Old Comment
    nice report, thanks for sharing some of the things you learnt
  3. Old Comment
    I learned some here too. I'm glad you had a great time and I hope you get to go to more in the future.
  4. Old Comment
    Sounds like you had so much fun! This is very informative too although your post leaves me with a lot of questions.

For example: knife fucking!? It must not literally mean that because how can that ever be okay?

Also, are cock ups using the muscle in my cock to move it?
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    Sounds like you had so much fun! This is very informative too although your post leaves me with a lot of questions.

For example: knife fucking!? It must not literally mean that because how can that ever be okay?

Also, are cock ups using the muscle in my cock to move it?
    Literally fucking you with a knife!!! Although if it is not a dulled blade, you cannot actually go in and out and do the fucking motion. However, she showed us how to do it with a dulled knife and a sharp knife. You use your hand/fingers and lay it flat against the knife. Make sure that your hand/fingers are wider than the blade. You slide it in and then carefully remove your fingers. It is intense!!! And I don't think I would ever do it, but it can be done and safely (with risks of course).

A cock up is when you get yourself hard, put a cloth on your cock and then use your muscles to lift it up.
  6. Old Comment
    Wow! That was really informative, thank you so much for taking notes and putting it here for all of us Very much appreciated
  7. Old Comment
    Thanks for taking the time to share your notes ��
  8. Old Comment
    This is my favourite one. I like finding out about all the things you learned. Thanks for being so detailed!
    Posted 08-12-2018 at 03:12 AM by Grandmasterflash Grandmasterflash is offline