Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > pluky

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Giving wearing symbols a new try

Posted 11-01-2023 at 07:17 AM by pluky
Updated 11-01-2023 at 11:28 AM by pluky

Some of you might know from a previous read, others might not, but I struggled deeply with wearing a constant symbol of my submission (24/7) no matter how much I wanted to be able to do it, so I won't go in all the details about this again and why I struggled, but I ended up having to admit defeat after a couple of months, prompted by my Dom who understood my challenge even tho it didn't make him very happy.

Today I've been with my Dom for exactly 5 months, and I am willing to give these a new try, maybe in a different way that won't be as overwhelming for me, maybe not 24/7, that's something we briefly touched on before giving it a serious break, and I've been waiting since to be ready again, as well as finding a different piece of jewelry that would ease me into it or make it less challenging.

I decided a while ago that my next attempt would be a light necklace, something not particularly obvious or BDSM looking to the innocent eye, only it would have some sort of a ring that would be the symbol of my submission. We didn't discuss the terms of how I'd be wearing it for good yet, but the idea is to be less strict about it, and I wanted to start only wearing it for work. I have been secretly training for this by wearing a random necklace I like more and more often just to get used to the feeling of wearing one, because I am not used to wearing jewelry and that is part of the issue.

Since I have a day off from work today my Dom told me to go try and find a necklace I will be comfortable with, so like a good girl that I am not always but definitely was this time, I gave up on my dream of resting at home and letting my sore feet recover (from standing at work everyday) and went on the lookout for my new submissive symbol. I'm so difficult and it took me hours to decide, and to find something I both liked and that was in my budget. I ended up buying two, this way I might get less overwhelmed having to wear the same thing all the time and feeling stuck, but I haven't talked with my Dom about this yet.

I hope I get to wear them when I feel like it, and if I don't really feel like it then just be free to take a break, at least for now. But even if that's not how it's gonna be, then just wearing it when I go outside and for work is still less than wearing it 24/7 and I will still get time to rest from it and not be overwhelmed, hopefully. I hope the distraction of work will make it easier for my brain to accept, for anyone who gets my challenge.

Anyway I think that's all I had to say on this. Maybe I'll be adding pictures to this but not sure if I want to and if my Dom will allow me to.

EDIT :

1)

2)
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    In all the years I have had a sub or slave I've never asked or expected them to wear something symbolic of our commitment to each other. Some have offered, and some have said they wanted to do it, but I have never put it in my rules for them or expected it. It is very easy for me to know when a sub has given herself completely to me. And I have no reason to question their sincere offer of both devotion and obedience. I do wish you best of luck finding something both you and your Dom can agree on. Just remember a true connection is felt in your mind, body, and soul, not in a piece of jewelry. And I know you already feel that. Onward.
    Posted 11-01-2023 at 07:35 AM by FrostbittenSoul FrostbittenSoul is offline
  2. Old Comment
    It's not meant to prove anything I think, it's more a kink like another, the way I see it is that it has a bit of exhibitionism or hidden public side to it, where the thing being exhibited or secretly shown in public is the DS. It's something that I wished to be able to do, both for me and for my Dom, it's definitely not a one sided expectation or a situation where I'm pressured.
  3. Old Comment
    When you mention that your Dom wasn't very happy at your first failed attempt, it sounded there was indeed pressure there to succeed with this. Mostly internal pressure you put on yourself to please him. Sorry if I misinterpreted what you were saying. Onward.
    Posted 11-01-2023 at 08:09 AM by FrostbittenSoul FrostbittenSoul is offline
  4. Old Comment
    It can be hard not to interpret someone's feelings as a pressure, but I think there is a distinction to make between what someone may feel, and are allowed to feel, and then how they should choose to handle it and what they tell you.

For me my Dom was supportive and didn't make me feel pressured, him feeling a certain way about it didn't change that fact.
  5. Old Comment
    Sir's toy has been allowed to show pictures of her necklaces and of her wearing them for GD, she will probably upload them to her GD album soon and hope they get moderated quickly. Sir's toy also embedded some in her original blog entry.
    Updated 11-01-2023 at 11:50 AM by pluky
  6. Old Comment
    It looks good on you.
    Posted 11-01-2023 at 12:48 PM by FrostbittenSoul FrostbittenSoul is offline