Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Penis people and vagina people

Posted 06-21-2019 at 08:53 AM by CSasha

So I recently had one of these talks again, with my roleplaying friends, the ones who were less cool about me playing a slutty femboy in Shadowrun Anyway, it came down to "natural facts" quite quickly again. They were annoyed and angry, and I was, too. We just changed the topic.

A couple of days later, I had a way more interesting talk with a close friend. It helped a lot that he knew way more about the facts and numbers. So here are my learnings, especially regarding words to use:

There are penis people. It's a way better word than "men" because there's quite a difference for me. "men" depends pretty much on the definition of the word which there are billions out there of. So we can easily miss each others understanding in any discussion using it. Penis people instead is quite clear: people with a penis. Same for vagina people. Nothing to misunderstand here, maybe except for the possible argument which attributes an organ requires to meet the conditions of being a penis or vagina. But that's really in the detail at least.
Also, just to be sure to point it out here, we all might have a hard time always noticing the difference between penis people and vagina people without getting a look at their intimate area.

There are most likely a significant number of non-penis-non-vagina people, and they are nothing less people than the others.

Now for things like hormones and other attributes in a spectrum, which often but not always go along with penis people or vagina people, it also helped a lot that my dear friend knew some numbers as well as there are enough people with dismatches (penis people with more female hormones than males, vice versa, plenty in between etc.). Also hard to notice or even to know about yourself with evidence.

Anyway, now I am ready to talk about penis people and vagina people, their differences in abilities, needs and much more. Only, identity-wise, it doesn't mean that much to me. Just to tell you.

Thanks for your attention
Posted in Transitions
Views 1617 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thank you for these words, they inspired my thinking about this complicated topic. Shouldn't we then just say "people", if the existence of a penis of a vagina is not that important and cannot simply be seen?

Furthermore, I think most people do have preferences concerning their potential partners (with penis/vagina, acting classical male/female, and every possible other classification). So it may be useful for the own definition to include the preferences for the partner too.
  2. Old Comment
    I agree. But, in society there's currently a big confusion (for me) because of the often used and referenced words men and women, male and female. We still have plenty of binary mindsets and according seperations like split toilets. It's probably going to still be that way for while while we progress. I consider penis people and vagina people a step stone, helping to make more obvious what many people think of when they say those other, very confusing words, and it might be a good provoking word to make people think at all, and maybe even read about the 'natural facts'.

As a matter of fact, now I am curious about how penis people and vagina people makes people feel. I am sure it's not common yet.
  3. Old Comment
    Whenever I facilitate sex ed workshops, I use "penis owner" and "vulva owner"
  4. Old Comment
    @marissa353: Even better! Many thanks.

I'd highly appreciate hearing more about your sex ed workshops.