Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs

Old

A Rant About Limits

Posted 07-11-2018 at 11:35 AM by BastyTheKitty
Updated 07-22-2018 at 08:59 PM by BastyTheKitty
Tags getdare, limits

So, I've seen some shit on this site that absolutely should not stand, and even worse is I don't see people fighting against it. The GD community is, technically, part of the BDSM community and as such should be upholding the standards that come with this title. The biggest issue I've seen is how limits are being handled, and it's absolutely appalling. You can't just fucking decide that because you don't like someone's limits you can make them break the limits, they're there for a reason! I get it, you...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Rants
Old

"Add to my" thread advice Part 2

Posted 02-22-2018 at 06:17 PM by CSasha (I love words)
Updated 03-06-2020 at 12:48 PM by CSasha

Click here for Part 1

15. Your rules guide the players and the game

Whoever designs the rules, determines the behaviors which are rewarded, and the behaviors which are punished. Guess which behaviors people prefer. Do they prefer rewards or punishment (not to mistake for funishments)? So yes, by rewarding what you want them to do, they do it. It's in your hands when you set up the rules.

What do you want your players to do? Do you want your friends to join...
Oracle
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

"Add to my" thread advice Part 1

Posted 02-22-2018 at 06:14 PM by CSasha (I love words)
Updated 03-06-2020 at 12:39 PM by CSasha

Disclaimer: I am just a human being without any clue, but I felt inspired to answer to NoLimitz call how to create or make a popular "Add ..." thread.

I had to create my own Loser thread by losing a vote to ChubbyShySissy, still working it off, and started some more Add-threads for other users like for lop747, for Gonzalez, for Buttaholic, for my precious pet astro alias oddjobber, and for spankmeohio. I think my first experiene posting and thereby adding in such threads was
Oracle
Old

Stories, ads and dares - My blog is not the forum

Posted 07-02-2017 at 11:54 AM by CSasha (I love words)
Updated 07-02-2017 at 11:58 AM by CSasha

I just had a friend having her blog post removed by getDare.

The getDare staff has to remain some order, for legal and practical reasons alone, moderate and even delete some blog posts. Without it, there wouldn't be getDare at all, or at least not as pleasant as I know it and love it. Many thanks for that, especially since the whole amount of work behind this community site is rarely seen.
@getDare staff: Many many thanks! I love you for that.

I also had one of my blog...
Oracle
Posted in getDare issues
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

getDare Survival Guide

Posted 06-18-2017 at 03:38 PM by CSasha (I love words)
Updated 12-23-2017 at 04:26 AM by CSasha

Eyes bigger than the mouth. Do you know that moment when you desire more than is good for you, when you bit off more than you can chew, or when something surprisingly turns out to be quite different than you thought? Happens all too often, to all of us. It's fine.

Today I encountered several current and past bigger examples of this issue, here on getDare: People, who started quite ambitious, nearly as much as to make me worry by their planned burden, only to be more or less clearly...
Oracle
Old

Give and take

Posted 06-13-2017 at 02:43 PM by CSasha (I love words)
Updated 12-23-2017 at 04:27 AM by CSasha

I am not sure if I just take it the wrong way, but ever so often seeing something like or "dare me" or "and waiting for dares" I think: 'What a pity." Alright, there are many users only giving out (PM) dares, but my impression is, there are way more people who desire to get some than users who could ever give out those numbers. On the other hand, and that's how I see friends with PM dare lists get a lot, is not only linking them in their signature and being active on getDare...
Oracle
Old

To all my haters

Posted 06-06-2017 at 11:31 AM by CSasha (I love words)
Updated 06-06-2017 at 12:31 PM by CSasha

Some people hate my blog entries, fap roulettes and other creations, dislike without comment, confuse or annoy me with PMs or comments. Since they are unlikely reading this anyway, I think I better address this letter to myself:

Dear me,

May I ask, why are you upset?

If there is any way to badly rate or dislike, then there will always be some people using it. That's the purpose of these features. If they wanted every bad rating to be commented, or anyone approving...
Oracle
Posted in getDare issues