Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Depp's Blog of Doom

Enjoy my blog. I'll try and post stuff and update things from time to time.
Rate this Entry

Google & China / Depp Muses About Work

Posted 01-13-2010 at 03:25 AM by depp
Tags china, google, jobs, work

Posting about two things today. I'm really impressed with Google's recent statement that they are seriously thinking of pulling out of China. Hopefully, over time government censorship will leave that country. I really hope this starts a trend with companies like Microsoft, Yahoo!, and Disney jumping on board. Unfortunately I'm too pessimistic to really believe it.

On a more personal note I'm preparing to look for a new job. I've spent the last week working on my portfolio and hope to be seriously ready for my search sometime in the next few weeks. What this means for getDare is that I won't be around much for a while. I'll try to stay visible on getDare but won't be able to do any major work for the foreseeable future. I have a lot of really cool stuff planned but my personal welfare and happiness remains my top priority. Hopefully I will be able to find fun and stimulating full-time work with health benefits that pays a fair and livable wage. If not, well, then things will get interesting. Don't let this scare you though. getDare is capable of supporting itself and should I ever be unable to keep it running would pass it off to someone I trust. I love this site and won't let it fall into neglect or die off.

If you are religious I would really appreciate your prayers in helping me find work. I'm an atheist but my subconscious gets all new agey when I need a crutch or even just a little excitement.

See you all around the site!
Views 3262 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Good luck! Show them your pro depp skills!
  2. Old Comment
    I went to china just recently, can't even access google there
  3. Old Comment
    depp, I shall gladly pray for you.