Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

Rate this Entry

Trials and tribulations

Posted 06-07-2019 at 03:38 PM by Bloxo

God I hate ranting...but it’s therapeutic to get things out...

Why am I on this site? Because life decides to fuck with me every chance it gets and it pushes me to this safety area where I can let loose and have a little fun on occasion.

This week had been a good one, went drinking with a friend on Tuesday, went to the river for more drinks with the team on Wednesday and then had a flat warming party on Thursday, all in all a nice group of social occasions and some good time with friends/colleagues, plus the weather is warmer, works been going well so I should be in a positive mood right now...

But alas...the heart is clouded as per usual, my quest to find someone special in this life again decides to slap me in the face rather than provide me with the inner warmth I so crave...

The latest saga in meeting the worst women in the world through online dating...
So a few weeks ago I started talking to this American girl through tinder, she was gorgeous, nice and appeared to like me a lot, I say appeared...but listen to the end...

We chatted a lot on WhatsApp, got to know each other better as you do, didn’t find too many shared interests but we respected what each other liked at least, praising each other to high heaven...things seemed to be going really well!

We set up a date, I booked a restaurant and was excited to meet her...but on the day she ‘put her back out doing yoga’
Okay, plausible excuse, she even ended going to hospital she was in so much pain and sent me a picture of that...
We keep on chatting, once she is recovered we arrange a second date, I book the same restaurant and again my hopes build...ahh she has to go to a work conference or something in the evening and asks to move it to the next day...okay, sounds fair...I move the booking, the next day her mother has a heart attack, she needs to spend time talking to her family and is flying back to Florida where she’s from...
Okay, well no one would lie about that surely, I understand and support her through this tough time, we talk while she’s away, once she’s back we arrange another date...this time she’s feeling jet lagged, so we move it again...
Finally we have something in place, we chat during the day...though I notice my messages don’t go through on WhatsApp in the afternoon...maybe her phone died or whatever...I go to the restaurant and wait...sending her a message on Facebook messenger (this one goes through) she doesn’t turn up at the restaurant, I finish my drink after waiting half and hour and go, annoyed and frustrated I make my way home...
She messages me on messenger finally saying her WhatsApp appears to be playing up and she thought I had ‘ghosted’ her which is why she didn’t turn up...
Of course I am skeptical, start citing all the shit I’ve been through with women before and just expect her to back off, but no...she pushes harder, being really apologetic.
The next day she even sends me voice messages and video messages to prove who she was, I’m like...wow she’s keen if she is doing this and now at least I can discount that she has fake pictures...

She has a bit of travelling ahead of her, a holiday in Geneva, then a work trip to Singapore, we keep in regular contact and when she gets back we even have a phone call on the Tuesday and finally have a proper conversation that goes on for an hour and goes well.
We set Friday as our next date and continue messaging during the week...
Thursday she shares her instagram with me, I look and I’m like...shit! She’s basically a model...and for playboy no less...you reading this may think...umm, that’s got to be fake right...but there were lots of studio photo shoot pictures and she hadn’t even mentioned playboy before, I guess she was hiding that a little...
Next maybe I went a little over the top on praise and even asked if she really wanted to date an ordinary guy given her lifestyle...she says she is sad to hear me say this...
But we resume chatting and I try to bring things back down to Earth, saying I was taken by surprise by what I saw.

We get to Friday (today), I wake up a little late after the flat warming yesterday and send her the usual morning message...
I find my WhatsApp messages don’t go through, I’ve been blocked on her Instagram...so I return to messenger to ask if there’s a problem, of course she’s not read my messages on there.

I just sent my last message which was rather damning to get some closure and now this blog is my vent.

Thank you for reading...life sucks and women just want to manipulate you is the message I’ve received loud and clear in life...rant over
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 989 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I am really sorry you had such a rough time with this woman. However, and maybe this is going to sound harsh, but I think it is really unfair to say that women just want to manipulate you. It may feel that way at the time, but there are good women out there.

I really hope you can take the time you need to recover from this and that you have better luck next time.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    I am really sorry you had such a rough time with this woman. However, and maybe this is going to sound harsh, but I think it is really unfair to say that women just want to manipulate you. It may feel that way at the time, but there are good women out there.

I really hope you can take the time you need to recover from this and that you have better luck next time.
    I agree that sweeping statement was over the top, but I have had several negative encounters in real life so far, there have been some good encounters...but the negative has outweighed the positive so far in my experience...
    Still I learn from each one, watch for the signs and grow stronger, adversity can help us to grow and I try to keep a positive outset whenever I meet someone new, I can be a very trusting person as well as understanding...sadly those traits are easy to take advantage of.
    But I’ve not given up