Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

The Catch-up: Neighbors, Bedroom, & Adjusting to the New Life

Posted 08-26-2016 at 12:09 PM by The Slutty Princess

Where to begin? I guess I’ll begin where I last left off. In my last blog, I gave you a virtual, written tour of our new home and I stated that I needed to decorate the dark, bleak stairs along with finishing decorating our bedroom. Well, I finished both! The stairs look awesome, they aren’t so dark and uninviting anymore! Sammie and I bought this cute white floral wallpaper and stuck it to each one of the risers. We also added these awesome white flying bird decals to the dark brown walls. There are all sorts of birds on each side of the wall, each one a different size. All of them are facing towards the upstairs door which makes it feel like you are flying with the birds to the top! We also added a large white heart decal to the dark brown, dungeon-appearing door and wrapped white Christmas lights around the railing to enlighten the dark hallway. Personally, I think the stairs look amazing! It’s alluring and sets a much better mood than it had previously. It feels comforting and warm!

As for the bedroom, it looks a hundred times better than the stairs. I love what we did with the bedroom! I bought to soft white comforters and put those on each bed so our comforters actually matched. Behind the beds, we bought a large red Mandala tapestry to cover the plain white walls. Above the desk in the corner of the room, we taped a bunch of pictures of me and Sammie into a heart collage. We also used those little plastic adhesive hooks and put those on the ceiling and draped a bunch of whitish silver curtains through them to create an awesome canopy. We also hung a bunch of white Chinese lanterns on the ceiling to brighten the room. We plan to keep the ceiling light off, hence we draped a curtain over it, and just use the Chinese lanterns, candles, and white Christmas lights that outline the tops of the walls. It’ll make the room dim but give off an awesome romantic, comforting, and warm vibe! We also bought these awesome, soft, fluffy white chairs to study in! They certainly fit the inner child within me!

Being a small town girl, I’ve certainly had some adjusting to do. The city life is completely different than living in a town with less than a thousand people! I enjoyed waking up and seeing familiar faces and knowing everybody in town. This place is a strange place with strange faces! Sammie and I have been spending most nights out and about, trying to adjust to the city lifestyle and meet new people. We are blessed to have two wonderful tour guides as well that can show us the best places to eat, places to study, the quickest way to get to the University, the places to stay away from, and they’ve even introduced us to some of their friends! Those cute and wonderful tour guides happen to be our neighbors, Allison and Jadayah! Both are energetic balls of fun! I love the both of them! Allison is a sophomore this year so she had learned the traits of the city lifestyle as a freshman, just like me, Allison grew up in a small town in Southern Wisconsin. Allison has beautiful, wavy dark brown hair (though it appears black at times) that is absolutely gorgeous! She always wears dark eyeliner that makes her mesmerizing green eyes even more stunning. If you know me, you know I like eyes and her eyes are pretty. Her eyes seem to shine in the sunlight but in the dark, they are even more dreamy. They glow like diamonds! To say the least, I think her eyes are very pretty! Despite being quite intelligent and a book hound, Allison certainly has a “party animal” inside her. She is a charming, beautiful, intelligent, and whimsical girl! I’ll certainly enjoy her presence! Jadayah is just as sweet, intelligent, and charming as Allison but to call her a “party animal” is an understatement! She’s a partyaholic! Jadayah actually grew up in Haiti but moved to Wisconsin when she was thirteen. She has some awesome stories to tell as well! I love her name, though, it sounds like a name for a Princess or a Queen! Jadayah is always looking for fun and she’s just a thrill to be around. If Jadayah is around, you can bet you’ll have a fun time! She is also a sophomore. She is a beautiful, young, black woman with amazing brown eyes and long, smooth black hair. I love the both of them!

So far, Sammie and I haven’t told anyone that we are together, though some may have assumed or have a good idea. We’d like to keep it that way. I don’t care if people know, I just don’t feel obligated having to tell everyone unless a situation arises that I need to. Haha, I’m quite possessive!

Love you all,
Lia
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 585 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the start of your new life chapter! Looking forward to the next big update already.
  2. Old Comment
    You have added your personality and taste in how you are expressing it throughout your whole place. That is really nice, in how the other lower apt renters have try to help you to adjust to the city. Also, in teaching you about the different parts of the city as well. It truly has to be a big difference, but knowing you and how you are, it will be great once you and Sammie discover things and feel things out.
    That chapter away from home, sounds like it is going smooth for the both of you.