Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Major douche speaking: The story of an angry user who wanted their account deleted

Posted 11-09-2010 at 06:19 PM by Manbearpig

So I got this lovely PM yesterday/today. I have not included the users name for privacy reasons.

Here is the first one:

Delete my account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by an angry man
This is something I created as a kid, and I don't want someone to google my name and have this pop up (no offense). I never go on here anymore.

How do I delete it?
As you well know, this is simply not possible. It is stated a million times for Gods sake. Anyways I send this smart ass remark:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
You cannot. Have a nice day

MBP
Well this didn't make this user happy. He sent me an angry reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissed off most likely former user
I tried to be nice but screw it. your website is trash and you know it. because i made a mistake when I was 13 years old, I might be screwed in trying to find a job? i'm genuinly concerned and I get a sarcastic "you can't" back? thats a real dousche move. is there anything i can do to get this away from google? PLEASE help me!
I then sent this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the coolest mod on this website aka as MBP
If you google your name this piece of shit website will not show up unless you put your name on this piece of shit website.

Sincerely,

Major Douche
If you disagreed with how I dealt with this, quite honestly I don't care. I guess the moral of this story is don't send me PM's asking how to delete accounts. It isn't happening. I have said that a million time as has every other mod. If you do, prepare for a smartass remark

Until next time,

MBP
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2399 Comments 11
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Can i send you a smartass PM because I want to see what smartass remark you will reply back? Just for laughs.

Also, you handled it fine, if he can't understand that it's been said multiple times, he's an idiot. I would've done the same thing. Plus to anyone who calls this site trash, is a piece of one themselves.
  2. Old Comment
    Last time I tried that, he didn't respond back.
  3. Old Comment
    I really don't care what angry people think of me. Most people don't like me anyways
  4. Old Comment
    I ♥ MBP.

You ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer.

Blame it on your parents. They shouldn't of let you be alone online unsupervised at 13, obviously! You can tell them that when you have to move back in cuz you can't get a job.
  5. Old Comment
    Hahahahaha MBP you're awesome
  6. Old Comment
    I remember on another site (wrestling one) Some idiot was getting grief from his friends because he had used his real name to sign up on the forum, and it became the number 1 hit for google searching his name.

So of course, rather than PM'ing the mod and asking politely if he could delete his account of have the name changed or something. He instead decided to throw a hissy fit on the main forum.

Which of course led to everyone tossing his name (and links to his user profile) into random posts to keep the link at the top of google . One user even baked a cake and stuck it on Youtube XD.

Unfortunately someone else now is top of google for his name, which is no fun .
  7. Old Comment
    MBP is awesome.

Someone PMd me recently and they seemed to think their account had to be deleted if they were leaving.

Odd.
  8. Old Comment
    If the username became a problem for somebody, then why not simply instruct the user to nicely contact Depp and request the username be changed and then have the account banned?

Or ask the user to send a link to the incriminating post(s) and have it edited.

Is it that much trouble?
  9. Old Comment
    Here is a hint. If something here you posted is seriously impacting your life or contains material that you would rather not be pubic, a polite message and a link to the specific post (not a 20 page thread) goes a long way. We don't delete accounts (for reasons I'm tired of explaining over and over) and we don't respond well to threats and demands. We are not a commercial enterprise and you are not always right. Polite requests that are respectful of how we do things here almost always win. We don't want bad things to happen to you... really!
  10. Old Comment
    I agree, if he was really concerned about his name appearing on the website then the best approach would be a polite one.
  11. Old Comment
    The weirdest part is that his name won't appear on it unless he puts it there. He didn't leave his email or anything and his username was something stupid. I mean if your name is John Smith and your username is JohnSmithChicago then I can understand. If your username is zippidydoda (wasn't actually the users name) then you really have nothing to fear.