Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

Am I a boy?

Posted 09-20-2021 at 09:41 AM by CSasha
Updated 09-20-2021 at 09:43 AM by CSasha

Recently, I got hooked by tictoc, watching some clips for hours while going by train. Videos on hashtag #mascgirl made me reconsider if I was a (fem)boy.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: If being boy was strictly only about having a penis (or testicles or penis and testicles), then it was an easy yes (except for the question how long a penis had to be to be considered a penis ...). But, if it was just about having a penis, why calling it something so confusing then? Why not just calling it having a penis, asking if I had a penis, etc. etc.
No, clearly there must be things attached to it to give it a so different name than the body part itself. Plus, if a boy and a human with penis were the same, what about men, girls and women with a penis? What about boys without a penis? No, it can't be strictly only about that.

So no, I am not even a femboy. Just non-binary, or maybe a gamma if I get hooked by my fantasy world with three genders again.
Views 3037 Comments 11
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I think Chromosomes can give you the answer on how to differentiate female from human males
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dragoste View Comment
    I think Chromosomes can give you the answer on how to differentiate female from human males
    This is naďve at best, transphobic at worst. Sure, you might be able to look at chromosomes to determine whether someone is "chromosomally male" or "chromosomally female" most of the time, but biology isn't perfect. Even ignoring that some people are born with a missing or an extra sex chromosome, so called "biological sex" is a lot more complicated than just looking at the chromosomes; it's not a simple binary.

But, even more importantly, biological sex is not the same as gender identity. Many people experience their gender differently than what was assigned to them at birth. This includes trans men and women and those that feel that their gender doesn't fit into those two "neat" categories (non-binary people).
  3. Old Comment
    I've heard of two-spirit and as a "third" gender, but "gamma" is a new one for me. Is that something that you came up with? I wasn't able to find anything with a quick google search. Either way, I think its a cool idea. (Just don't forget about us non-trinaries )
  4. Old Comment
    Techie biológical gender is simple, not perfect but simple as day and night and light off and on, not becose we have eclipses or cloud days we are gonna ignore the scientific fact that the earth is round and the sun come by the east making a binary sistem of day AND night, the survival of the species aré Grounded in the female and male chromosomes and although there are mutations in the chromosomes and we are constantly evolving you can't ignore this fact, one thing is what we wish for and another is what life put us ahead

You think my comment is homophobic when it's scientific, and that way you pigeonhole me into a binary system because I'm either homophobic or not, bad taste? .... i I give you that. But as you said, we all have a biological gender and we cannot deny it from there if they like to call themselves third gender if they like to use to identify with babies or horses or furniture Damn thats why we are here not to judge and accept those differences only always without losing contact with reality.
    Updated 09-21-2021 at 05:17 AM by Dragoste
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by techie.subbie View Comment
    I've heard of two-spirit and as a "third" gender, but "gamma" is a new one for me. Is that something that you came up with? I wasn't able to find anything with a quick google search. Either way, I think its a cool idea. (Just don't forget about us non-trinaries )
    Oh no, it's really from a sexist fantasy of mine with three genders, not any less inhuman than our current world if not way worse.
    Alphas are the most in numbers, three quarters of all born. They are only second tallest physically strongest on average. They suckle the babies. They have all the rights.
    Betas are only born three out of sixteen. They are the physically tallest and strongest on average.
    And gammas are only one of sixteen born. They are the physically weakest on average. They bear the children, after being impregnated by Beta semen mixing with their own, and later impregnated by an Alpha egg. They have nearly no rights.
    As I said, very sexist. Should have mentioned a BDSM fantasy.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dragoste View Comment
    Techie biológical gender is simple, not perfect but simple as day and night and light off and on, not becose we have eclipses or cloud days we are gonna ignore the scientific fact that the earth is round and the sun come by the east making a binary sistem of day AND night, the survival of the species aré Grounded in the female and male chromosomes and although there are mutations in the chromosomes and we are constantly evolving you can't ignore this fact, one thing is what we wish for and another is what life put us ahead
    I am open to discuss everything, and actually eager to. You seem to be in lack of some foundations though. Facts don't change but our knowledge, awareness, and mutual agreement on facts change. I don't know your opinion about creationism and evolution but Darwin was ignored, laughed at, and in worst case despised for his theory of natural evolution for years before it was accepted and became popular opinion. Same for the model of a flat Earth and the Earth as a sphere, circling around the Sun of our star system. My biology teacher still taught me that the Human brain does not create new brain cells during adulthood, and rightly so. Now for years we can know that the brain does produce new brain cells quite regular, and even roughly how much. But even many practicing doctors are not aware of that fact yet.
    So in short, facts may be facts and no argue about them, but our awareness of what is currently known and scientifically proven versus what might not is very likely to differ. By the way, that's common practice until hundreds of experiments and gained knowledge is further applied in practice. No one argues that the laws of classical physics are not sufficient for guiding rockets in space, at least once you have to do it with millions of Euros at stake.

Your awareness of sex assignment and determination seems highly simplified when I see you comparing it to day and night. I am not sure you know your chromosomes but a significant number of men and women would wake up to the fact that their chromosome sex determination doesn't match their identification. And besides the facts, they might still live a very satisfying live with their current identification. Would you want to be forced to change your official gender if you found out?
    In this blog entry I wrote down my opinion in more detail, if you like to get into details. I merely touched the topic of biological gender and am still doing more research to understand, but here's a Forbes article on that topic in case you dare to challenge your current opinion. You don't need to read it as facts but it might give you an interesting perspective. As you said yourself,
    Quote:
    there are mutations in the chromosomes and we are constantly evolving

Besides, don't like to spoil your fun, but the fact with the sun, actually, that's just your perception. I suppose you do know how complicated the course of solar objects is in fact, as well as their forms, magnetic fields which give us directions like the East you mentioned. And that they change quite frequently indeed. Don't worry, because most often you get along just fine, but there are scenarios in your life knowing more about the details might give you the necessary edge to survive. Besides, that kind of adaptation is the way we survive and evolve as a species.
  7. Old Comment
    The problem is that there are biological gender and psychological gender
    So many people made gender about how it affects you mentally and socially that having people that don't want to be mixed with those stereotypes and behaviours they expect from them.

Some women want the freedom men have. Some men want the sexual atraction women have.

It's all about what you want and picking and. Chosing what you want to be

In other words. Just live and let others fuck as they wish. Or behave as they wish, or identify as they wish. Or be who they want to be
  8. Old Comment
    Thanks, ScarletMaid. I'd like to underline your last sentence. Well said.

Unfortunately for me, I often read the argument of the biological sex as an excuse for not accepting the individual self-determination of your own gender. And when I look up the biological facts to the best current knowledge, they contradict what those people say.

I still doubt the meaningful application of the binary sex model down to an individuell level. It might be useful in biology or even other sciences as long as only majorities are concerned.
    Quote:
    For Thierry Hoquet, philosopher of science and professor at the Université Jean-Moulin Lyon, it is clearly impossible to deny “the reality of the ‘two sexes’ as evidenced by the binary nature of the gametes.” However, attempting to shoehorn all humans “into two hermetically sealed boxes (men and women)” is highly reductive at best and takes no account of biological realities.
    from this article as well as
    Quote:
    Until recently, the overarching assumption was that babies are born as girls because they do not possess certain male genes, and that the Y chromosome play a crucial role in sex determination.
    When people refer to science as argument, maybe we should look up what the most recent science research tells us, not necessarily what it did decades ago.
    Updated 09-21-2021 at 04:26 PM by CSasha
  9. Old Comment
    I am not going to debate perceptions or data taken out of context or I will only say that there are theories and scientific truths just as they can both clarify with the theory of evolution and the scientific truth of that the earth is round (egg-shaped for purists) genes are so important that I don't see as a non-binary that rejects biological gender and be male by chromosome having a baby.

I respect the declaration of identity and I recognize the rights of everyone to enjoy the short time of existence on this planet in the way they want without harming others, I do not even comment with the intention of convincing anyone but I do appeal to reason and logic.
  10. Old Comment
    Thanks for the recognition of gender identification. That's a big one for me.

I won't discuss perceptions either. But you haven't booked neither facts nor science, reason, and logic for yourself. It looks to me that you didn't keep up with the scientific news. How reasonable is that?

But maybe I just picked up a minority opinion within the mass of research scientists. In that case, you could help me by posting the most recent scientific articles you have read. That's how truth is debated and agreed on by the standards I know. You can use a search engine to find them, most easy those published in established magazines online. Just try out different keywords like "science there are only 2 genders" and then see what you find. Any news supporting the many articles I find are bullocks?
  11. Old Comment
    Just some more quote from -you guessed it- scientists:

The article: Sex redefined: the idea of 2 sexes is overly simplistic on scientificamerican.com

Quote:
    According to the simple scenario, the presence or absence of a Y chromosome is what counts: with it, you are male, and without it, you are female. But doctors have long known that some people straddle the boundary—their sex chromosomes say one thing, but their gonads (ovaries or testes) or sexual anatomy say another. Parents of children with these kinds of conditions—known as intersex conditions, or differences or disorders of sex development (DSDs)—often face difficult decisions about whether to bring up their child as a boy or a girl. Some researchers now say that as many as 1 person in 100 has some form of DSD.

When genetics is taken into consideration, the boundary between the sexes becomes even blurrier. ...
    Quote:
    "The main problem with a strong dichotomy is that there are intermediate cases that push the limits and ask us to figure out exactly where the dividing line is between males and females," says Arthur Arnold at the University of California, Los Angeles, who studies biological sex differences. "And that's often a very difficult problem, because sex can be defined a number of ways."
    Quote:
    For many years, scientists believed that female development was the default programme, and that male development was actively switched on by the presence of a particular gene on the Y chromosome. In 1990, researchers made headlines when they uncovered the identity of this gene, which they called SRY. Just by itself, this gene can switch the gonad from ovarian to testicular development. For example, XX individuals who carry a fragment of the Y chromosome that contains SRY develop as males.

By the turn of the millennium, however, the idea of femaleness being a passive default option had been toppled by the discovery of genes that actively promote ovarian development and suppress the testicular programme—such as one called WNT4. XY individuals with extra copies of this gene can develop atypical genitals and gonads, and a rudimentary uterus and Fallopian tubes. In 2011, researchers showed that if another key ovarian gene, RSPO1, is not working normally, it causes XX people to develop an ovotestis—a gonad with areas of both ovarian and testicular development.
    Quote:
    These discoveries have pointed to a complex process of sex determination, ... "It has been, in a sense, a philosophical change in our way of looking at sex; that it's a balance," ...
    Quote:
    According to some scientists, that balance can shift long after development is over. ... "That was the big shock, the fact that it was going on post-natally," ...
    Quote:
    But beyond this, there could be even more variation. Since the 1990s, researchers have identified more than 25 genes involved in DSDs, and next-generation DNA sequencing in the past few years has uncovered a wide range of variations in these genes that have mild effects on individuals, rather than causing DSDs. "Biologically, it's a spectrum," says Vilain.
    Quote:
    Many people never discover their condition unless they seek help for infertility, or discover it through some other brush with medicine. Last year, for example, surgeons reported that they had been operating on a hernia in a man, when they discovered that he had a womb. The man was 70, and had fathered four children.
    Quote:
    Biologists may have been building a more nuanced view of sex, but society has yet to catch up. True, more than half a century of activism from members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community has softened social attitudes to sexual orientation and gender. Many societies are now comfortable with men and women crossing conventional societal boundaries in their choice of appearance, career and sexual partner. But when it comes to sex, there is still intense social pressure to conform to the binary model.
    Quote:
    So if the law requires that a person is male or female, should that sex be assigned by anatomy, hormones, cells or chromosomes, and what should be done if they clash? "My feeling is that since there is not one biological parameter that takes over every other parameter, at the end of the day, gender identity seems to be the most reasonable parameter," says Vilain. In other words, if you want to know whether someone is male or female, it may be best just to ask.