Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > alex_carter

Rate this Entry

2 of my "pet peeves"

Posted 05-01-2014 at 06:57 PM by alex_carter

The first thing that really bothers me is when people don't follow limits when giving dares/tasks. It's not that hard to read someone's signature or click on a single link in the signature. I mean it brings up a completely new window. You don't have to even leave the page you're on to see them. Is it really THAT hard to come up with a dare or task for a person that is in within their limits. I'm not talking about dislikes, since those are often used as punishments, but I'm talking about actual limits. It really bothers me when I clearly have something labeled in my limits, but then somebody gives me a dare/task or even punishment that breaks a LIMIT. I mean really. People put limits there for a reason right. When you list something as a LIMIT doesn't that mean that it's... oh I don't know... OFF LIMITS for dares and such? Maybe we shouldn't even post limits anymore. Clearly people don't take the time to look at them...right?

Anyway, the second thing that truly bothers me is when people don't type out what they are trying to say. Again, I'm not talking about English-as-second-language type things. I understand if you TRULY don't have a solid grasp of the English language type stuff. No, what bothers me is when people abbreviate words such as one does when "text talking", or when one is so bad at the English language (be it as a second language, or more often just someone who is to lazy to fix errors in their typing/spelling or they just don't think about what they are going to say. I'm sure you know what I mean. Those people who don't use grammar, can't spell, have diarrhea of the mouth (or in this case keyboard) and try to use "text talk" all in one post. If you want to write something for people to take the time to read, then you need to actually take the time to write it, not just kinda throw words on a page and hope they're legible and understandable.

Of course I understand a simple mistake of either of these every now and again, but on a regular basis, THAT is what I cannot comprehend. I mean it's very simple to scroll to far and see a signature belonging to one person, thought you think it belongs to someone else in the threads. Even I have done that before, but when I see/realize the mistake or it is brought to my attention I correct it when/where possible, and apologize to the person, usually via PM. Often though, I do not see what I consider to be this small consideration towards others at all though.

Sorry for this little rant guys, it's just that I've been seeing more and more of this happening lately, especially the not following limits thing, and I needed somewhere to let out the emotions. I'm fully not expecting anyone to waste their time reading my little rant here, but if you have read it, and made it here, to the end, I sincerely thank you and hope that if you opt to comment you will not be to harsh with me as these are my personal thoughts, feelings, and opinions here, and as such they can't be wrong.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3644 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I read your whole little rant. The truth is Sometimes people's own personal thoughts are wrong, but you are spot on here!
  2. Old Comment
    I knw wat u mean...lol. You know me better than that as my essay the other day does show that I have a grasp of the English language. It is good that you are expressing your frustrations this way instead of trying to correct people. If you're trying to correct people through this, the people who need to read it the most, aren't going to. Trust me I know from experience in my blog posts. But unfortunately you're going to have people who think based on hormones rather than their brains. Much like you I absolutely abhor text speak, if I can't read what you're saying without having an aneurysm, it's not worth my time.
  3. Old Comment
    Forgive you for your rant? No way! I applaud it!!
  4. Old Comment
    You are spot on with your "rant". They are the pet peeves of many on here. You are not alone in your thoughts.
  5. Old Comment
    Well said. And, as always, if someone gives you a task or dare that violates your limits then that person is worth neither your time nor consideration. Think of their dare as trash, as well. A person need not explain their limits - they're there and they deserve respect. End of story.
  6. Old Comment
    Brilliantly worded and true. 10 Thumbs up from me. People do need to show courtesy to others.