Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

Rating: 3 votes, 1.67 average.

Coming back to Getdare...

Posted 06-10-2019 at 12:33 PM by Bloxo

So a few weeks ago, after a several month absence I posted about coming back to the site, here are some thoughts on what it's been like...

So at first the site seemed pretty quiet, I think maybe the time of year influences who posts and how active people generally feel to do dares and interact with others...the winter putting people into a bit of a hibernation mode...

I have to admit it feels a bit weird right now...I've gone back to being quite active lately, but I still feel like I'm trying to find my feet again.
A lot of the people have changed, old friends are not around...or don't really want to interact like they did...maybe taking a break upset people...or perhaps some of my blog entries have been a little too depressing or negative...or maybe I am forgotten haha, whatever the reason I feel a little like an outcast of sorts...takes me back to my school days...

I've tried creating the odd thread, learning lessons from before when I over posted and ran too many things I've tried to create smaller more self maintaining threads...but ultimately I think I am still finding my stride in that area...I think about running a game or event again, but then I get flashbacks to being overwhelmed like I did before and I get a little pushed back...I still need to find my balance I think...

I've tried a couple of revamps, I've created a new PM dare set and created a thread to go with it, I know PM dares aren't always that popular on the site but I thought I'd give it a stronger go this time...and think I've created a fair whack!

Another thing I am hoping is that this site can get me more motivated, I love to write and this has always been one of my main creative outlets...but more than that...
I am looking to be healthier, I am not the heaviest I have been...but I definitely want to lose some weight and maybe even get a little toned...hence I've put a lot of fitness dares into my PM's and highlighted in my thread that I want to be challenged!
Good news is that a close friend of mine here is going to start going back to the gym and so I'll have a gym buddy finally!

My last blog post...well that's an illustration of some of the things I've been through lately...my luck meeting a girl has not really changed and this is why I left the site before in part, to focus on that...I had a few dates, chatted to a few girls...but ultimately I am back to square one again, I feel like Sisyphus, eternally pushing the same bolder up the hill! But I either keep trying or give up in life and I don't want to give up, there's still time and strength left within me

Random things I am excited for...Final Fantasy VII remake now has a release date, also Cyperpunk! But that is next year to wait for those marvels which I'll obsessively geek over no doubt haha

Now the summer is upon us I hope to get outdoors more, go drinking with my team more and enjoy the sun

Thank you for reading and feel free to post in my PM dare post:

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=367276
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 685 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments