Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Office's Avatars

Come here to see all of Officelover's favorite things as his avatar.

I guarantee a laugh.
Rate this Entry

My avatar at the moment

Posted 06-17-2009 at 08:57 AM by Officelover
Updated 06-17-2009 at 09:11 AM by Officelover (Putting in the picture!)

Hello, first let me say that this blog will be mostly used to explain what my avatar is, and possibly run a trivia game.

Firstly, allow me to say that I like the new format. I find it very cool, especially the front page which I've always found boring beyond belief.

Now then, my avatar is a picture of Frank Wedekind (pronounced VAY-de-kind). He was a playwright from Germany, and he lived from 1864 to 1918. I am not completely familiar with his works.

I've only read one of his plays actually, Frühlings Erwachen, roughly translated as "The Awakening of Spring". This was transformed from, what I consider, it's "impure state" to THE BEST MUSICAL EVER!

This is Spring Awakening- my favorite musical (well, at the moment and for the last 7 months). His first play, written in 1891, it delves into issues of adolescence, for example; child abuse, masturbation, rape, abortion, suicide, etc...

It sounds depressing, but it's not.

Go see Spring Awakening (also, btw, I'm not a big fan of Frank Wedekind's writing. His plots are amazing, but his writing style and the way he chooses to show his stories are not that good or exciting.)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1153 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    FYI your blog is set to private so most people can't read it