Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Walking Away

Posted 10-02-2018 at 02:19 PM by Butterfly

I need a break.

getDare has always meant so much to me, but lately it has been a source of heartache.

I have been feeling hurt. I have been feeling attacked. I have been feeling so incredibly anxious.

Right now, getDare is not feeling like the happy, safe place it used to be. And so, I need a break.

I am walking away for the rest of the week. I will return on Sunday to help finish the King Election and to "crown" the King. I will make a decision then about whether I need more time away.

I will be receiving PMs as they go to my email, but I will not be responding until I return on Sunday. If you need to contact me, you can do so on Skype, Discord, Kik or Hangouts if you are one of the people who has my contact information there. Otherwise, you can reach me through Mr. Devious if needed.

Good to luck to all.
Views 3397 Comments 9
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'm genuinely sorry that this whole thing has been such a pain in the ass for you. I don't think the backlash is totally warranted and I think the contest was taken waaay too seriously. I hope a break will help you feel better! *muah*
  2. Old Comment
    Take as much time as you need (not that you need my permission for this). You deserve a good subtober.
  3. Old Comment
    I wish you the best, I'll miss you.
    Updated 10-02-2018 at 05:31 PM by LitDarkness
  4. Old Comment
    I wish you well and apologize if I in any way contributed to your pain. I think the world of you and hope you can come back refreshed.
  5. Old Comment
    Hope to see you around soon my wonderful friend!
  6. Old Comment
    I find it very painful that a great idea to make the community more active and get people to just have fun has lead to to this decision.

But I do understand it.

I hope this break will help you and you will return refreshed because I can't imagine a getDare without you!
  7. Old Comment
    Thank you all for the wonderful comments, PMs, messages on other apps and wall posts that I received while I was away. I am not yet fully back but promised to appear to finish the election today.

Your support means more than you can ever know.
  8. Old Comment
    I hope the break is helping and you know where I am when you're ready to be more present <3
  9. Old Comment
    So sorry that things have not been good for you. I've been mostly away, so was unaware of what had been going on. Wishing you all the best and take as much time as you need. You'll be missed, but we understand and know that you need to see to your own needs now. Best wishes go with you. And I hope that when / if you decide to return, you find a happy, safe place here again.