Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > pranadevil

Rate this Entry

GetDare's radio/podcast host and crappy issues.

Posted 07-18-2009 at 05:20 PM by pranadevil

First off, some people have been following the GetDare Desert Island Discs thread, for those who haven't. Please check it out, it's more than just lists of music as there's actual shows being uploaded for everyone in there! (I even have my own full section of the forum, just Depp hid it, booo!)

Now the more depressing stuff, on the last episode (dedicated to Jenna<3) I mentioned my Manageress of the store I work for.

This lady has been a great help to me over the past 6 years, and had been there for me (and my Mum incidentally), along with being a great friend during this time. Two weeks ago, on the Friday, she was rushed to hospital we found out later she had had a brain haemorrage, Saturday she was induced into a coma, and Sunday night she passed away.

It came out of the blue as on the Thursday me and her had both been in the store talking and joking, and as everyone can imagine, losing a friend so suddenly, and in that way, is a shock.

That alone would be bad enough, however I am good, and close, friends with Jenna, so the situation she is currently in makes things all the worse because she's such a lovely, caring, kind and sweet girl, that for her to have to go through this is wrong. She should be having the time of her life.

The fact she is able to hold her head up high and move forwards, and enjoy everything is a testament to how strong she truly is, and I admire her for that ability, hence my "Jenna Special" show this time.

Outside of that, I'm having to deal with the possibility of another 2 or 3 friends perhaps being seriously ill once they get their results through, and the shop I'm in (which is only a charity shop, and I'm only there as a volunteer) having more drama than anyone could deal with in a month, let alone in a week.

It's almost like everyone around me is affected by everything bad, and it's not fair as it's all the good, decent people around me that this crap is happening to.

I'll be glad come the end of the month, and I just hope that everything works out for the best, for everyone so far.

Incidentally, don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for those who have the issues, they need the sympathy, I'll deal, and I'm going to be there for those people who need me, like Jenna. It's them who need the support.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3086 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments