Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > IceMaiden's Blog of Awesome

Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average.

The best present EVER!

Posted 05-09-2019 at 02:26 PM by IceMaiden
Updated 05-09-2019 at 02:48 PM by IceMaiden

I love dogs. If I had the room/money I would have them ALLLLL. I was extremely sad when I had to rehome my german shepard about two years ago after she suddenly tried to bite my child for no reason.

Since then I have been on the search for a dog that is house trained, good with kids and still relatively young. For two years I have had no luck. All the ones I was interested in on social media sites either were no good with children or weren't the type of dog I wanted. The ones I volunteer with at the dogs home weren't/aren't good with children. It has been so hard to find one that meets my expectations!

But I kept looking and looking and refused to give up hope. A few days ago I saw a post on a social media site where someone wanted to rehome their dog as they had no time for him. He was beautiful in the pictures. So I messaged her and asked the neccessary questions and so far all was good, except for one small thing. For two years whenever I said (aka pouted, whined, cajoled, bugged) to AM: "I WANT A DOG!" he met that with "You're not having a dog."

So after I had spoken to the owner I had to convince AM! So I told him I really wanted him and the price was reasonable and everything sounded good so far and I could afford it if I juggled financial stuff and he promptly responded with "No." I was very sad. But then...then he added "I will buy you a dog instead."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first response in my head: Holy shit!!!
My first response to AM: YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!

Now usually if AM offered to buy me something on this scale I would refuse (or try to, he never listens.) or complain or try and convince him otherwise. (I really don't mind him buying me little stuff and sherbet lemons.) But it was a dog!!!! One I'd been looking for for two plus years. So I didn't even think of trying to refuse/convince him otherwise. I was all kinds of excited.

So I arranged with the lady to go and meet the dog in a few days (I was very grumpy I couldn't go right then, our schedules didn't match, stupid adulting!) and that day was today. I originally thought I would be viewing him and seeing how we got along and then I would go back another time to collect him if all went well but she was happy for me to take him home with me this evening.

So I now have a gorgeous beautiful playful dog who is about 1.5 years old and a cross between two of my three favourite breeds. He is a bit whiney which is expected since it is all new and confusing for him but he has such a fantastic temperament and is so playful and loving and I am one extremely happy Icey.

A big MASSIVE thank you to my Daddy for getting me the best thing ever!!! (But now you wont be able to top this gift unless you get me more dogs!!)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1735 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I am so surprised! I even read the whole blog!
  2. Old Comment
    Hurrah!

That is all.
  3. Old Comment
    I love him so much! He is adorable. Im so glad you got your puppy finally.
  4. Old Comment
    Yay! I'm so happy for you Goddess!
  5. Old Comment
    Thank you!! (And also to everyone who PM'd me too!)

He is AWESOME! And settled in very nicely. Totally spoiled he is!