Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

Rate this Entry

Advertising...

Posted 11-01-2018 at 05:53 PM by Bloxo

Well...my new game is up...been a bit of a slow week, but do have some interest so far, hoping to build up a collective of players and expand the game over time if there is enough interest...

But how to find people, this is the tricky thing...

One thing I've learned is having a good idea isn't enough to make it work, it's about getting people into it, getting it known and out there...

So far I've tried a few things, bumping the thread, having promotions to give out free cards, running a competition for people to get rare cards...even brought it up in chat a couple of times...but things still seem slow.

A couple of posts ago I was acting like a whining child...and I regret that, I shouldn't start moaning and complaining just because something hasn't taken off, I should be trying to think of reasons to make it succeed rather than becoming emotional over it.

So that is what I will do, I will continue to promote, draw more people in and hopefully make it a success...
Be more positive and try to push things in a good way here...complaining gets you noticed, but for all the wrong reasons...and also damages the way people look at you, and that's not what I want.
I need to be less emotional on here and more practical and that's what I will do, somehow I will make Dare Wars take off...and some day people will be filling the battle arena with challenges, people will start interacting with each other more on the site and I will find myself busy making special cards for everyone

That's what I want, to make an impact here that is positive and to make this site more of a playground for people to enjoy themselves.

If anyone wants to suggest things to help sell my idea then please jump in, for now I will just do my best and hope for fun to spread

Oh and if anyone has missed what the heck I'm talking about, then check it out here:

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthre...=353516&page=3

There are still some promotional packs up for grabs, come join the fun, give me ideas and I will work on it!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1546 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I think this is a great way to look at it. I know it is easy to get caught up in the emotional side and get upset when something you put a lot of effort into doesn't work. I know I have been there before. It has made me want to give up at times. But I know your hard work is appreciated. Sometimes it just takes a new strategy to get the info out there.

I hope your game works out! It is a really cool idea.
  2. Old Comment
    It looks super well done, I just think there are a couple things working against it.

1. It is very long. When you combine the instructions for the two threads together, it may be the longest game post I've ever seen here.

2. It requires you to be an engaged on gd to enter. You know as well as I do that is a small population. Most people are here to just get off quickly. So you're already targeting a niche group and giving them a higher barrier to entry on top of it. I think you need to be patient with it. It is well written, so people will get there, but it won't be in a flood.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marissa353 View Comment
    It looks super well done, I just think there are a couple things working against it.

1. It is very long. When you combine the instructions for the two threads together, it may be the longest game post I've ever seen here.

2. It requires you to be an engaged on gd to enter. You know as well as I do that is a small population. Most people are here to just get off quickly. So you're already targeting a niche group and giving them a higher barrier to entry on top of it. I think you need to be patient with it. It is well written, so people will get there, but it won't be in a flood.
    Well I hope I set some kind of record haha.

In truth, the idea is very simple...but has a lot of subtle nuances, I try to be thorough with my games...but appreciate some people may be put off reading it...did my best to space it out into sections for easy reference though.