Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

England vs US football

Posted 12-05-2009 at 04:29 PM by Manbearpig

Yes, I know I am American, but I am referring to soccer for the US and football for everywhere else (so for the World Cup, I will be calling it football). But what does everyone think of the World Cup draw, especially the US and England opening game? Quite exciting. Now, before all you people who are not American and/or just hate the United States and don't respect because we call it something else say anything about the score, what do you REALLY think it will be.

I know all you English people are saying it will be 7-0 or something like that (in favor of the Americans of course ), let me just remind you something. The Yanks went to South Africa last year and beat Spain. I know, it is a year later. But one last thing. And this goes for all the European teams. No European team has ever won a World Cup outside Europe. Doesn't mean anything for the USA-England team, but still.

Now, I am not going to be like one of the stupid Americans who say the US is a pure favorite. Of course they are the underdog. HOWEVER, I do think it will be a closer game than most imagine. I know it's still 7 months away, but right now, 7 months away, I am going to say it is either a draw, or England wins. I see England winning the Group based on goal differential, and the US coming in second. But who knows right now. Anything can happen. It is, after all, the World Cup....
Posted in MBP Sports take
Views 3526 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I don't support England even though I live here but they will win quite easily. It won't be a trashing but it'll be a comfortable 2/3-0.
  2. Old Comment
    Your point about european teams never winning outside Europe is well made, but the closest the US has ever come to winning is third place... in 1930. Plus only European or South American nations have ever won.

It's 7 months away, but I agree with you, England 1st in group, US second- I don't think either will win the tournament- I'm supporting Ivory Coast all the way!
  3. Old Comment
    It will be a fun match regardless. A lot of teams have a lot of questions (especially the US). I will be supporting the Yanks, but I will be watching just as a fan of football in general.
  4. Old Comment
    I am not a fan of any sport, but I'd say the US will have a dynamite victory of 20-0.

That's MY prediction,
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    I am not a fan of any sport, but I'd say the US will have a dynamite victory of 20-0.

That's MY prediction,
    Of course you'd say the US. You're FROM the US.

In my totally non-biased view....i'd say England will take this one, Americans won't EVER embrace Soccer (Football) as much as other countries.

Had it been a Hockey or Basketball game, i can see America taking it, but as for Soccer or Rugby, no.
  6. Old Comment
    IMO to be totally honest its not a matter of how good the USA are the game will be judged on how bad England are, if were really bad theirs a chance the US can take something.

Either way you can afford to lose a game and still easly go to the next stage, it would be a totally different game if it was the last game in the group.

Also hate to take the shine of a good result, but when Spain lost to the USA you have to take into mind how many games the spanish players played that season, they were their for the taking after tired players like Xavi and co played over 100 games that season, abit different from the 50 odd that Fulham players played.

Eng 3 - 1 USA

As for the Ivory coast they have to beat Brazil and Portugal in there group, so atleast on the good side we only have to watch Drogba fall over like a bag of s**t for 3 games.
    Updated 12-06-2009 at 08:00 AM by Obedient_Calf
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Night-1991 View Comment
    Of course you'd say the US. You're FROM the US.
    I know. But, I don't support really any sport nor any sport team. I just wanted the fun to make a prediction.
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    I know. But, I don't support really any sport nor any sport team. I just wanted the fun to make a prediction.
    To me. That comment sounded Xenophobic