Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Rose_Angel

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Drafts vs. Publishing on

Posted 10-14-2014 at 06:40 AM by Rose_Angel
Updated 11-06-2014 at 09:55 AM by Rose_Angel

This is... a bit of a rant. I've noticed several bloggers (whom I respect and LOVE their blogs), that have been putting blogs up to be published at a later time.

This of course, shows up on the top 9 blogs, and it's a little... frustrating, when you see them, and want to read the content, and repeatedly see

'Invalid Blog specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator'

As someone who used to blog a LOT, I always used drafts. This was so I can make changes to it as I go along, and when I'm ready to post it, I can then 'publish now' with the miscellaneous options.

Depending on the post, I'd sometimes wait for my former Master to read a report first before posting, just in case he wanted anything left out.

The point is..... with all due respect, it's just annoying to see so many of the top 9 being 'invalid.'

I can understand some cases of it. For instance, when subbiebrookie posted her 6 months blog for the relationship between she and Shadow, she mentioned in the blog that she wouldn't have access to the internet on the 6 month anniversary. That is understandable.

On one end, posting it in advanced makes us excited to know that there WILL be another one (at some point), but at the same time, it's pretty nice to log in and be thoroughly surprised and excited when one of your favorite posters has posted something.

I'd prefer to only see blogs that are actually available to read on the top 9 (at least to the friends of the posters).

I'm not upset with anyone who has been doing this, I just thought I'd share my opinion on it, and to firmly state I think saving the blog as a draft, and publishing when everyone is ready to read it, is a better option.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6629 Comments 9
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Rose thank you I wondered why that was happening when I went on to the blogs
  2. Old Comment
    I actually didn't realize for the longest time that it would show up right away in the blogs when I would schedule a post - I figured it was like queuing posts on Tumblr, but it's more like a tease/frustrate option.
    Posted 10-14-2014 at 02:32 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Thanks for posting this. We should reach out to people who do this and let them know to call it to their attention.
  4. Old Comment
    I am obviously guilty of this, as I have been pre-posting my blog series. I never realized that it posted in the top 9 list. I will keep this in mind in the future, however, the reason I chose to do it this way, is because I wanted them spaced out at specific dates and times, and my life has been really hectic lately. I apologize for any inconvenience.

It is a stupid feature that future dated blogs are posted in that list. I can understand them listing it under that persons blog section, but by posting it on that list, I can understand how frustrating that could be.

@ Kemosahbee - That may be a good idea, as like I said, I didn't even realize that they were posted on the top 9 list.
  5. Old Comment
    I figured you guys (at least the ones I read the blogs), would see it, so this was a sort a way of 'reaching out.'

And I totally get the spacing it out at different times. I sometimes wish I would have spaced mine out long ago, just cause blogs seem to get noticed more that way.

It is a stupid feature of gD, and thinking about it, this would probably be a good suggestion topic for the mods/ admin. *goes to search site for where to mention it*

6. Old Comment
    Okay, I feel like I am going to sound extremely silly asking this since everyone else seems to know what is going on but what is/ how do you get to the "top 9" list mentioned in this?

Because at first I just assumed it was the blog list but then I realized that I have never had this problem (with unavailable blogs showing up) so I figured it was because I wasn't in the right place to have the problem in the first place.

Anyway, sorry if it is a stupid question!
  7. Old Comment
    below the forums and such, there is a place for the most recent blogs, most recent advertisements, and most recent threads that have been posted/ replied to.

It is below the forums, and above the people currently online. The blue bar above where this is, says Top 9 stats.

If you have that minimized, then on the far right of the bar, you can click it to open it up, and you should see what we're talking about.

If you actually go to the 'blogs' button in the upper part of the screen, you won't see any of the yet to be published blogs, which may be what you've always done.

Hope that helps.
  8. Old Comment
    Ohh! Okay! Thank you.

Yeah, I have always just gone to the blog button. I never scroll down that far
  9. Old Comment
    @**Mandi** I'm glad you asked that. I was wondering what everyone was talking about.