Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > cariadferch

Rate this Entry

What Makes a Good Forfeit?

Posted 04-13-2017 at 11:22 AM by cariadferch
Updated 04-13-2017 at 11:50 AM by cariadferch

As most of you know I have a major gambling/wagering fetish. At the heart of this kink is the forfeit, i.e. the thing you have to give up if you lose.

But what makes a good forfeit?

I would answer something one doesn't really want to give up (but isn't a hard limit), yet the other person really desires. If both parties in the game are doing this then it can be very exciting and downright erotic. However, finding that harmony where you both want what the other is offering, while both being reluctant about losing, is difficult.

For me, I am usually asked to give up is a picture. I don't like giving out pics for various reasons, but most of the guys I pay with really want one, which I understand. (To prove the other player is a woman, guys like the visual, etc.) The problem is finding something their usually unwilling to give up, but still something I really want.

I have tried requesting a sonnet a few times, but most guys flee from any hint of poetry. It is strange that if they don't really want to give up a picture, I'm more inclined to wager it. My sister, however, of late has been developing a growing desire for pictures of her slave's body parts to add to her harem. Unfortunately, she usually uses me as the forfeit.
Posted in Ramblings
Views 3673 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Interesting question, I also have a gambling/wagering fetish. I have the same experience, it's difficult to find that harmony. I often play using different forfeits for me and my partner. I often request a picture (yes I like the visual), but I also play for other things. My previous female play partners often request me to answer a question or write out a fantasy (something they could use against me the next time). Maybe that is helpful for you?

For me it's the most fun if both are equally reluctant about losing.
  2. Old Comment
    I think a hard limit is a hard limit. Pictures are a permanent and can sometimes be more revealing than you think or have location stored in metadata. Then, how do you safely send them and still be descrete? These are issues I'm still facing.

But yes, if it's a gambling dare, you have to really NOT want to give it up else claiming defeat is too easy and that's not fun either. I take all dares seriously as long as they are achievable and thought out. I also don't lie which makes it that more fun.
  3. Old Comment
    Else your next forfeit could be a AMA post? Hehe.
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Martijn View Comment
    . . . it's difficult to find that harmony . . . request me to answer a question or write out a fantasy (something they could use against me the next time) . . . For me it's the most fun if both are equally reluctant about losing.
    Thank you for the reply!

I completely agree that it is "the most fun if both are equally reluctant about losing." That "harmony" however is hard to find.

For me, it isn't really a blackmail thing. I would never send a picture that included my face or some other telltale sign, such as standing in front of my house.

So far the closest equivalent, I have found, of asking a woman for a picture is for a guy to write a sonnet. (I'm doomed if there is a poetry major with a gambling fetish on here. )
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DigitalKat View Comment
    I think a hard limit is a hard limit.
    I totally agree, I would never push that.

Quote:
    Pictures are a permanent and can sometimes be more revealing than you think or have location stored in metadata.
    Again, I totally agree. One of the many reasons I don't like pictures. When I post or send one, I give a great deal of thought about their history and background.

Quote:
    you have to really NOT want to give it up else claiming defeat is too easy and that's not fun either. I take all dares seriously as long as they are achievable and thought out. I also don't lie which makes it that more fun.
    Yeah, playing with a nudist who only wants to lose at strip poker is no fun at all. Now playing with Chris Evans who is a bit bashful about being naked (I have no earthly idea why with that body), but really wants to see me naked (yes, he would prefer me over Scarlet-whatever-her-name-is ) is crazy sexy.

Quote:
    Else your next forfeit could be a AMA post? Hehe.
    I have already offered that as a forfeit. The problem was the guy didn't have an equivalent thing to wager.
  6. Old Comment
    mmmm Scarlet. ha.
  7. Old Comment
    An interesting blog.
    I never play such games as i am strictly dom but i understand your question.

As a guy i can say that if a girl would be brave enough to play for a picture, i would find playing for a sonnet a real inventive and justified return request.

Difficult, and girlishy embarrassing.

So, actually just saying you are right in asking that.

They may flee, but hey........ They expect you to send a picture?????? I would say it's fair. Do they understand the forfeit should "really feel as a sacrifice"?
    And tbh,... Writing a sonnet may be hard but at the end it's just pretty harmless.
  8. Old Comment
    On a sonnet ... but how many people
    can write even a decent one? Few. It
    is another factor why it is difficult for
    getting. Like Amy said - "if there is a
    poetry major ..."
    But sincerely, good luck in the quest!