Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > cynthiaakabecca

Rate this Entry

Highlights from My Holiday Part A

Posted 01-04-2010 at 07:49 PM by cynthiaakabecca
Updated 01-04-2010 at 08:01 PM by cynthiaakabecca

A few days after I arrived home one of my friends from high school called and said that she was planning a NYE get together at her parent’s new cabin and wanted to know if I was in. I said yes and told her I was in. When I informed my folks that I would be gone for a few days my sister (16) asked if she could tag along. My folks said that sounded like a good idea (mostly because it would get the kids out of the house), but I was not too keen on the idea. I said that I would ask Sara and then if she said it was OK then my sister could come with us. I called Sara and explained the situation to her and she said it would be OK with her as long as my sister took part in the activities planned. I said fine even though I did not know what Sara had planned. Sara said that she was taking up a collection of $80 per person to cover expenses such as food and other activities while we are there.

Sara and Tess went up to the cabin in the morning and the rest of us would come up later in the afternoon. Sara's parents had just finished building the cabin last summer and this would be the first time Sara would be there without her parents there. I would be driving with Debbie, Jen, and Trish and my sister in Jen's car. I had been up there before when the small two bedroom cabin was there, It was still there, but is more or less a storage shed for the summertime furniture, bicycles, and other things. The new cabin was more or less an A-framed two story house. The inside downstairs had a large open living room including a dining area and an average sized kitchen. There was also a large fireplace in the living-room, The downstairs also had a small laundry room and a bathroom. There was also a sauna that could fit about 10-12 people. The upstairs was divided into three bedrooms and a bathroom. The master bedroom had its own bathroom. Outside of the back door was a deck with a very large hot tub and two open, outdoor showers. Sara said that the hot tub was built to fit ten people comfortably. The deck was built on a hillside, so there were stairs leading down the the yard below. It was nice for privacy and had a great view. The deck and the bottom floor were tile, but heated tile which is nice during the cold winter.

When we arrived Sara and Tess were making dinner, so the rest of us had time to unload the car and find our way to our rooms. My sister and I would share one of the bedrooms that had two beds. Sara, Tess, and Debbie would share the master bedroom and sleep in the king-sized bed. Jen and Trish would share the queen bed in the other bedroom. On each bed there was a package and a note saying not to open until after dinner. When we came back downstairs Sara gave a tour of the house and showed us the sauna and the hot tub. My sister began to sulk a bit and asked why no one told her to pack her swimsuit. Sara said it was not a big deal since this is girls weekend and that swimsuits weren't necessary. This was my first indication that something exciting was going to happen In high school all of us girls were pretty straight laced, so I was pleasantly surprised when Sara said what she did about the swimsuits. We then sat down for dinner. Tess had turned 21 at the beginning of December, so she was able to buy alcohol legally. My sister was expecting there to be a can of soda by her plate, but was surprised when Sara poured her a glass of wine. My sister, to my knowledge, is not the partier/drinker so this might have been one of her first experiences with alcohol in a normal situation. She kind of drank the first glass quickly and got a buzz pretty soon there after. She slowed down for her second glass and followed the lead of the other girls who were sipping their wine. Dinner was lasanga, veggies, garlic bread, and was followed by a homemade blackberry pie with ice cream. It was sooo goood!

Continued in Part B
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1156 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments