Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > revealingcyst

Rate this Entry

Wooden Pegs vs Plastic Pegs

Posted 04-27-2014 at 04:21 AM by revealingcyst

I just bought some cheap wooden clothes pegs. I cannot advocate strongly enough for them in preference over plastic pegs, though I haven't tried the plastic ones with rubber grips.

I've always had a problem getting plastic pegs to stay on me, my skin is soft but there's not a lot extra to stretch out, so they tend to not have enough to hold on to, and would be a pain to get on, and would usually fall off soon after.
Fortunately the slightly rough texture of the wooden ones is much better, and I can quickly and easily attach them to myself

The one downside is that I am slightly concerned about splinters with these pegs. I'd suggest rubbing your thumb or some kind of scraper over the peg part of the peg before playing, just to pick any up splinters that would've otherwise poked into your skin.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2730 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Splinters are half the fun with wooden pegs.
  2. Old Comment
    Oddly enough I've never had a splinter from even the cheapest of wooden pegs.
  3. Old Comment
    I have never had a splinter either. And I don't have a hard time keeping the plastic ones on, except on my sides where there isn't a lot of extra skin, but even there the wood ones fall off. To me, the wood ones hurt a lot worse, and the plastic ones look prettier, and those are the two big differences!
    Right now I own both, and regularly use both.
  4. Old Comment
    Yeah, I've not had any splinters so far, but a little bit of one of them did break off (not during play though)

@Hollyann, I don't like surprises when I'm playing solo.