Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

Thankful because of the troops

Posted 05-02-2011 at 10:12 PM by Manbearpig

Reading and going through the Osama bin Laden thread in the lounge, I am very much pleased on how well thought out majority of the posts are there. There have been a few exceptions, but oh well. One of the main topics in the post is war, specifically the ones currently going on lead by US troops in Afghan and Iraq, and, to a lesser degree, the NATO led war in Libya.

Some background. I am glad we are in Afghan, but not as pleased about being in Iraq and I am currently indifferent about being in Libya. And even for the troops not in Afghan fighting (and of course to ones there as well), I am glad they are there. In the United States, the draft used to be in effect where any male, ages 18-26 could be drafted into a war, like it or not. Now, every male has to register for the selective service, in case a draft was to be implemented, but at the time, we are still signing up soldiers voluntarily. Some countries in the world, even democracies like South Korea, require you to join the army at some point in your life.

I am thankful each and everyday that the draft is not going on and that I am here instead of someplace overseas fighting. I am thankful for our troops who risk their lives each and everyday fighting, whether justified or not, people who hate our asses, who would love everyone in not only the United States BUT ALSO the United Kingdom and many other western backed countries, dead.

Are these wars justified? I don't know. Have many innocent people all over the world gotten killed because of something that may or may not have been needed? Without a doubt. Thousands, if not millions in fact. Odds are, no one will ever know. But, even those who hate the war and all that it stands for, be thankful for our troops because, without them, you could be over there instead.
Views 1437 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Good post MBP. (:

There's never an easy answer to anything in life. It's silly for people to sit behind their computer screens and pretend they know everything about what's right and wrong with world affairs.

I like your perspective. (: