Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > IceMaiden's Blog of Awesome

Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

How has it been 6 years?

Posted 07-16-2021 at 02:32 PM by IceMaiden
Updated 07-16-2021 at 02:35 PM by IceMaiden

It's been a while since I blogged anything on here, so I figured why not start with one dedicated to my Sir since we're almost at another year together. I can not believe it has been six years. SIX years since AM and I started talking one night and found ourselves wondering if we would work together. Starting online and lasting all this time is something that amazes me.

We've gone from being new to each other, unsure of each other's limits and thinking that we wouldn't last a fortnight to finishing each other's sentences, to removing limits, meeting in person and planning our lives together. It's crazy how far we've come. Six years ago I was so terrified to open my heart to someone, so scared of trusting someone in case I got hurt again but I chose to take that chance and not for a second have I ever regretted doing so.

There's been times where life has gotten in the way and we've had to fight for time together, health issues, family losses, family drama, and of course, the last 18 months dealing with covid. But never, not for a single second, have we come close to ending things, to going our separate ways even when we were screaming at each other and beyond angry and exasperated. Even when we've spent a good amount of time being irritated with each other, the love, trust and respect is still there, still present. Even in the middle of disagreements or arguments, we would still be sure to tell each other how much we love each other. And I think that's why we work so well - yes, we have our moments just like everyone else. But even during those moments, we know that we are stronger together.

Some people were quite concerned/worried for me when AM and I first started out or when they saw our interactions for the first time. Hardly surprising, we did move incredibly fast. Usually, I move at a snail's pace. (AM will say I still do in everyday life.) But moving fast, pushing and breaking limits, experiencing new things with him, it just seemed so right. And it was. I do not regret a single moment with him, a single decision made. He is my everything. He started as my Dominant but he became so much more. He's not just my Sir, he's my best friend. My protector, my confidante, my soul mate. I ask him each year if he will spend another year with me. The first few times I asked, I still had a feeling that eventually, he would walk away. When that's what you're used to, that's what you expect. But this year? I'm not asking. I'm telling him: You will enjoy another year with me.

I love you.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 805 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Congratulations on 6 years together! That sure is a long time. It's very obvious from the way you interact on here that you trust and love each other. Here's to another 6 years!
  2. Old Comment
    Congratulations. And in fairness, sometimes a quick start shows the interest in each other. Glad you two are doing so well.
  3. Old Comment
    Congratulations to you both. As slways, I miss seeing you about and hearing how life is going, but if that's because your hands are full with a happier and more fulfilling life, I guess I can manage with that. Here's to more years of love and discovery with each other.
  4. Old Comment
    congratulations!! i'm so glad to see you back and to hear that things are going well for you guys <3
  5. Old Comment
    Congratulations to both of you!!!