Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > My Blog of Bloggy Blogness

Rate this Entry

Things Are Better

Posted 02-23-2019 at 08:50 AM by Hammarling
Updated 02-23-2019 at 08:55 AM by Hammarling

Hi GetDare!

It's been a long time since i posted a blog here, and that's because quite a lot has happened since October for me. But as my activity on the site is increasing again (btw check out my new story "Do I Know You?"!) i though it would be a good time just to update things and ideas.

What's New?
Main thing, i started a new job in November. After being unemployed for the better part of three years i finally found something good! I had done bits of volunteer work, short term/temp. work and seasonal roles but i hadn't had a proper job since quitting Uni in 2015.
Now i have a varied and interesting role working for an airline. It has slightly variable shifts, 6am starts are not very fun, but it's pretty reliable and steady. It's amazing what a change does for your confidence and life in general.

I've reconnected with a couple of old friends, not really kink ones, just people i'd lost contact with through depression and embarassment from being unemployed for so long.

And for the first time since 2014 i've got a holiday booked. I'll be hitting up Canada in the late spring/early summer for a couple of weeks.

Basically, things have really turned a corner after a very long period of struggle.

And GetDare?
I've said it before and not stuck to it, but i'm back here with a vengeance and looking to increase my participation on the site as a whole. Obviously this time i'm doing so from a much stronger personal place so i'm better at controlling my burn out and pacing myself.

This is evidenced by my new story ("Do I Know You?") which i'm enjoying and have quite a few updates pre-written for it.
I'm also working on some Blog posts, of which the first should be going up in a week or two. These are mostly just whatever i feel like talking about, and probably about half won't be massively kinky but just things i want to talk about (mostly movies).

Will I Be Looking for a Sub?
Yes. Following an extended break from kink relationships i'll be back looking for something new. I tried starting up a new one in November just before i started the new job, lasted a couple of weeks but it was too much with the major life change.

But now i've got my schedule more planned and priorities back in order i know the timings i have to fit it in, and for the right person i'll be one heck of a great Dom!

An Ad will be posted in due course, once i've endlessly tweaked it. And even then i won't be happy with it. The last few people i've found on GD have been brilliant and i have faith there is someone here who i'll get on with fantasitcally and we can make a real relationship that'll last a good while.

Enough Bragging
That'll do for me rambling. But after a real long time struggling with life, being an adult, life, money, life, work, life, friends and life i'm finally feeling like i've turned a corner in the world.

Things are not just looking up, but climbing at a good pace. Now when i say to people "Hang in there, it will get better" it's coming from experience and a genuine knowledge that no matter how low things seem, there is a way out and upwards.

That's all. Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forwards to connecting with you all again.

Hammarling
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2007 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Welcome back! I'm glad to hear your life is going in a positive direction. I also love blogs, so I'm gald you'll be writing some more soon! I look forward to seeing you around!
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    After being unemployed for the better part of three years i finally found something good!
    This is enough for me! I'm so glad!

Yay!
    Updated 02-23-2019 at 09:29 AM by Cstelle
  3. Old Comment
    Glad to hear that things are looking up. Good luck on your search for a sub and I look forward to reading more. Where in Canada are you visiting?