Go Back   getDare Forums > Blogs > knorke's hidden library

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

What is there left to say, write, talk about...

Posted 07-08-2018 at 01:27 PM by knorke

... When, in reality, I don't really care for more than a handful of people on this site?

Some people I recognise as being worthwhile talking to are on my friend list, some people are just as much as random strangers I rarely talk to but see quite often, but when it comes to it - what do I, out of all people, yet expect from getDare?

I simply don't know.

I've really only been active in the forums for the duration that my thread was up and my time of denial not completed yet. And it always seems to go that way - if I'm stuck in denial for too long, I end up more active on the forums side of things - but as soon as that's over, I basically don't look at any threads at all. There's about very little motivation to be involved in any threads beyond just a very select few; and most tend to disappoint because, somehow, my expectations are simply not relevant to the forum as a whole... Maybe because I expect genuine people who I want to be able to trust and take at their word, when a lot of them seem to live entirely within their fantasy world.

And what a great world it must be, since very many people are super satisfied just with a participation trophy - show up, and that's all you need for a dominant to take good care of you, give you creative tasks, and never so much as write a single line of a response... Oh, am I talking about the Request TORD section or half of chat? I forgot mid-way through, and it seems to apply to both. Getting to know others seems perhaps a little of a tiring exercise when so much of the forum population just wants to get off on their fantasy, and would rather ignore you entirely if you don't provide the input desired...

What, really, is there left to say to the majority of people? What do I want to write about on my blog here anymore, on the forums, on the site? For I know exactly who is likely to read it - none of the people I wish I would, and I've just come around to be so disappointed, weary sometimes of even coming here - and I think, eventually, that I'll just want to take a break.

Maybe I'll write out a few ideas my mind came around to, blog-wise or story-wise, but other than that, I'll presumably not be around. Take care.
Posted in me & myself
Views 268 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thanks. I will (take care). Take care, too.

You are probably right of the so many people not willing to read at all. Like so many threads I see by people I never saw participating in other people's threads at all. So why care for them?
    Similar with people asking for dares. No avatar? No good name? No post history? Ah, let's see in half a year if they changed or still stick around.

But, what you call a few, that's the majority for me (since I mainly ignore the other users anyway). And I have found myself to love them all.

That said, take your time out. You are not the first one of my friends. I hope it does you good, as I hope you come back one day, to rejoin and enjoy those few friends it's fun to stick around and play with.

Have a good time
  2. Old Comment
    Take care. I hope the people you wish will read what you say, an end to your disappointment and weariness, and that you recharge decently.

Wish you well in your writing and everything else.
  3. Old Comment
    Hope you feel better after your break and that you do decide to return after recharging. gD, in my opinion, is like everything else. A little here and there is great. But not normally something to spend all your time on. But, it is a different thing for each of us.

Good luck in all future endeavors.
  4. Old Comment
    If you feel you need a break, don't feel bad about taking it. This place can be draining at times.

On the other hand, it can also be wonderful! I know that there are a lot of annoying people, and dead end threads, but there are also a lot of genuine people. Sometimes you just have to wade through the shit to find them. And I understand that can be hard and sometimes not feel worth it, but for me, it is those people who always bring me back.

I don't blame you for getting discouraged, and I don't know if I am one of the few who you enjoy chatting to, but you are always welcome to send me a message if you want a real person to chat to. I am pretty real, and don't live in a fantasy world.

Also, I like your blogs, and even if you aren't getting comments, know that a lot of people do read them. I find that those that read the blogs are actually some of the more serious users around here. So even if you don't think they are being read by those that matter, they are.

Anyways, good luck with whatever decision you make!