Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Four Years

Posted 06-19-2018 at 02:18 PM by Butterfly
Updated 06-22-2018 at 07:27 PM by Butterfly

4 years
48 months
209 weeks
1461 days
35,064 hours
2,103,195 minutes
126,227, 704 seconds
1 amazing man

Four years ago, my life changed. When I received that first message from Mr. Devious on June 19, 2014, I knew right away that he was special. I guess we can't call it love at first sight, because we never did see each other that first day, and really, neither of us was looking for a relationship. But I could instantly tell that he was different. The connection, the spark that we shared, was incomparable to anything else I had ever felt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Months Blog
It is so hard to explain to somebody the instant connection and feelings we had towards each other. It was so scary, because I had this immediate sense of trust, and urge to spill out everything to him, things I had never told anybody. It is very unlike me to trust people so easily. It is so hard to explain what it was about him, maybe his willingness to open up to me, or maybe just his genuine sweet nature, but I instantly felt at ease with him.
When I woke up this morning, I knew that I wanted to write something to honor this amazing man who had changed my life. However, I have been struggling all day to put my feelings and thoughts into words. Part of the problem is that after four years of blogging about our relationship, I don't know if there is really anything new to say, but the other problem is that there just aren't enough words, or words that are adequate enough to describe the feelings that I have.

I have spent the day reading through some of our old messages and blogs, taking a trip down memory lane. I have read about our first meeting, our first kiss, my first punishment, our first live play session, our breakup, moving across the country to live with him, our wedding ... Over the past four years, I have meticulously documented and shared every stage of our relationship here on getDare. It sure been a magical journey. As I was reading, I found some quotes that I am going to use here, instead of coming up with new words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong and scary feelings
It is scary to think that after such a short time, I trust him so much. I somehow know that he knows what I am capable of and what I can handle ... knowing where that imaginary line is between pushing me to the edge and breaking me. Saying that, we have a safeword, but he almost has a 6th sense, and I can't imagine ever having to use it with him.
The feelings of fear have faded throughout the years, but the other feelings have only grown stronger. I still sometimes have doubts, I fear that there is a real princess out there who might deserve this prince more than I. I fear that I might somehow, someday lose this man, but I also know that Mr. Devious is mine. I am his everything. The only thing that could possibly tear him from me is catastrophe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniversaries
My whole world has changed since meeting [Mr. Devious]. I am a better person. I am a happier person; He has changed me. I smile more, laugh more, and cuddle more. I feel loved, and wanted and needed. I know that I am cherished and adored.

I have learned that I matter and that I am important. I have learned to put myself first sometimes. I have learned that I am strong, and beautiful, and that I have a good heart. I believe in myself more. I know now that I am not broken and damaged, but that I am perfectly imperfect.

And I owe those things to [Mr. Devious]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 365 days, 3600 km, one journey to happiness
He became my best friend. The one person I could tell everything and anything to. He was my shoulder to cry on, the person who could make me laugh and the only person who has been able to make me believe good things about myself.
He still is! I don't know where life is going to lead us. But I know that I am going to continue down the road with his hand in mine. Because my life is just better with him in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Years
No matter where life takes us or what anniversaries we have to celebrate, I am the happiest girl alive because I have found [Mr. Devious]. He is so much more than my Dom. He is my best friend. My soul mate. My protector. My hero. My fiance. The love of my life.
Mr. Devious, I love you more than any words can possibly start to describe. Sometimes my whole chest feels as though it will combust because it can't contain the amount of love I have for you. You are my rock, my home, my fire, my life.

I am forever yours.
Views 3589 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Such a sweet blog you wrote and I'm so happy for you Miss.

Happy Anniversary!!
  2. Old Comment
    Congratulations, I still have one of Slave_E's first PMs to me but unfortunately not the first. We did not know that our play would last so long.

To see you knew, that magical connection was so strong straight away,is wonderful.

Congratulations to you both

Mr Charcol
  3. Old Comment
    You and Mr. Devious have given me so much hope on what real love can be. When I read your blogs and see your posts and notice that Nate and I have a similar thing going on. I love watching your love and happiness and its contagious. I wish you guys many more years of happiness and love.
    Posted 06-20-2018 at 06:10 PM by Wedgiebondagebabe Wedgiebondagebabe is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Ok I will admit this may have made me tear up just a little..
    Thank you so much sweetie for 4 years of heaven. Instill remember talking to you that first day like it was yesterday. It is amazing reading through our old messages and blogs!
    I love you so so much my princess ��