Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

Check here: Are you missing half the fun?

Posted 03-23-2018 at 08:08 PM by CSasha

You love giving dares or receiving them? Are you sure you get 100% fun out of it? Here's your check for it.

Half of giving dares as well as half the fun of receiving dares is in the contact with others. Just think about it briefly: what's the difference to doing them just on your own? There are enough kinky roulettes out there with automatic dice, and other automatic task and dare givers, you don't even need your own creativity.

The difference in getting others involved, like in Add threads like this one or that one are the people on the other site. They surprise you, they dominate you or submit to you. That an be hot as hell and is at least half of the total fun ever possible if you are willing to put in the effort and live and overcome the misunderstandings and smaller issues which come with it.

There's no greater joy than to receiver a report as a dare giver, with the risk that not everything was perfect, not every information was given or known, not every consequence had been thought of. And there's no greater joy than to report to a dare giver who cares. Which you know even more, in both cases, when you get another feedback and the communication continues. Persistence is awesome!

That said, plenty of people don't get it. They haven't learned that yet, they may not even read or be willing to read to improve. Not because they are evil but because they lack something. You cannot change that easily, we neither, and it's not our job. But you and me and all the others, we will encounter them. I get along with it by trying to stay relaxed and forgiving. I had plenty of people who left and then came back after months, still being awesome. I don't ask for any reasons. I have plenty myself and left for a while, and probably will leave for a while again some day. Life happens.
And I can stick to people who are persistent. Those who report, reply, again and again on my replies, with manners, respect, openess, and in decent frequency, not too often, not too rare. And who even send a second message after I haven't replied for some days, just to remind me without pressure. Messages can be easily lost or forgotten. Happens to me all the time. Forgive me, please.

Reporting and replying persistently is way more fun. Going with people who don't do this too long is very frustrating. But whoever does reply and report has way more fun than the poor loners wondering around looking for the next user they can spam until they get dropped again.

Inspired by Jaroface who recently posted here about the lack of feedback and reports.
Views 3764 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thank you for posting this. I do remember the good reports and the people who gave them. Thankfully there are a few who do it right. Hopefully your blog will help to increase that number.

But my word your avatar!!!
  2. Old Comment
    This was beautifully written. This is exactly why I don't just go jerk off and get off 90% of the time (or do half the other kinky shit I love doing). It's easy to just go DO something, but then what's the point of even coming to getdare? It's that communication, that social aspect. I hope people continue to see this kind of thing

And yes, Jaro, I love her avatar too <3
  3. Old Comment
    This profile pic (and my avatar which is another pic with the spanking buttom) has been chosen by RiskyFlame.
  4. Old Comment
    I want to agree, but from a different perspective.

For me, the interaction is important because I feel there is no reason to do dares at all unless someone else cares that I'm doing them. Therefore I try to write at least a minimal report whenever I do a task from someone else. Even if I don't have anything more interesting to say than "I did the spanks/edges/whatever". (I'm not perfect in this regard, there's been some times when I haven't responded.)

For example, I don't post in the "person above" section because I generally don't feel the person giving me a dare is going to care if I did it or not...so I usually won't have motivation to actually do the task.
  5. Old Comment
    Agreed. For me, the point of doing these dares is knowing that the other person is enjoying having me do them. Much of my "likes" are on there not because I actually like doing them, but rather I like the other person enjoying making me do them when I don't actually like doing them myself. (Some are things I do enjoy and might do on my own, but that is a smaller amount.)
  6. Old Comment
    I fully agree, Cass. As I said on Jaro's blog, if I take all the time to write a dare, I hope for/expect at least as much effort in writing a report. At the very least though, at least a quick acknowledgement like "I did it, and it was fun. Thank you!" would be worlds better than no reply at all.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sain View Comment
    I want to agree, but from a different perspective.

For me, the interaction is important because I feel there is no reason to do dares at all unless someone else cares that I'm doing them. Therefore I try to write at least a minimal report whenever I do a task from someone else. Even if I don't have anything more interesting to say than "I did the spanks/edges/whatever". (I'm not perfect in this regard, there's been some times when I haven't responded.)

For example, I don't post in the "person above" section because I generally don't feel the person giving me a dare is going to care if I did it or not...so I usually won't have motivation to actually do the task.
    I totally agree with where you're coming from on the person above aspect. I still post there, because I can still find some fun in doing those random tasks, and on occasion I actually get a good dare, but when I post in them, I never expect the person I dared to respond, or even do the dare. I still put effort into giving the dare, but I use it more as practice giving customized dares.

When I get a good dare in the person above threads, I'll typically at least try to respond with in a few days, but I'm also not perfect at that.
    Posted 03-24-2018 at 12:03 PM by Twisted Kitten Twisted Kitten is offline