Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Butterfly's toy box: Doc Johnson Mood Naughty Anal Plug

Posted 02-15-2016 at 02:54 PM by Butterfly
Updated 02-15-2016 at 03:01 PM by Butterfly

*Disclaimer: These reviews are my own opinion. I do not work for any company who sells these toys. I do not profit in anyway. They are simply my opinions and experiences. I also do not speak to the safety of any particular toy and am not responsible for your safety when you use a particular toy. I also do not promise that you will have a similar experience to mine. If your opinion or experience is different from mine, please share it in the comments as I am only one person and the more people who comment, the better the review.

Today, I am going to review one of my favorite plugs. It is a bit on the smaller side and has a nice base which makes it more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time, but it is also big enough to let you feel it inside you. It is always my recommendation for anybody who wants to buy their first plug. Of course I am talking about ...

Doc Johnson Mood Naughty Anal Plug

Description
This plug comes in 3 different sizes, the one pictured, and the one I have purchased is the medium plug. In terms of size, it is still pretty small, even for a medium plug. It is made out of soft silicone and this particular plug is 3.5'.

Price
I purchased my plug off amazon.ca for about $15 CAD, but I have seen them anywhere from $10-25 depending on where you purchase it.

Pros
  • The base is long and narrow as opposed to round or square, which allows for a more comfortable fit, easier to sit it with it in and less noticeable than other plugs.
  • It is flexible, which allows the plug to move and bend with you, again making it more comfortable for long term wear.
  • The silicone material is easy to clean and maintain.
  • The plug tapers to a relatively small waist which doesn't keep you open very wide while it is resting inside you.
  • It feels very secure because of the difference between the widest part of the plug and the waist. I have never had this plug slip out of me while wearing/walking with it.
  • It is pink!

Best Feature

I have used about 15 different plugs, and none are more comfortable than this on. I don't think this can be attributed to just one of the pros I listed above, I think it is a combination of all of them.

Cons
  • Because it is flexible, it can be a bit harder to get in for somebody who isn't experienced.
  • The silicone material seems to absorb the lubricant quicker, making it important to reapply lube more often, especially for long term wear.
  • The more experienced user might not feel the plug is big enough for long term wear as the waist is relatively small.
  • Because it is so small, I have had this plug pop out during sex/orgasming.

Worst Feature

I think the only reason I wouldn't recommend this plug to somebody would be if they were very experienced. This really is a beginner plug and so somebody who is more experienced may not get as much pleasure or use out of it. That being said, we still use it A LOT.

My experience
Like I said, we use this plug a lot. I have worn it in public, used it as a warm up for anal sex, worn it around the house, used it to hold in an enema short term and worn it during sex or playtime.

Would I recommend it to others?
Absolutely. I would and I have, many times. This is the plug I bought for me best friend when she wanted to try anal sex, and it is the plug I have recommended to at least 10 people on getDare. It is a great beginner plug, a comfortable long term plug and one of my go to toys.

Please share your comments and experiences in the comments, especially if they are different from what I have described above, or if I forgot to mention anything. Please also ask any questions, and I will try my best to answer them.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I have the large of this plug and it is my absolute favorite! It is easy to wear long term because there are no hard edges.
  2. Old Comment
    I have the small version of this in blue!!! It was the first butt plug Aussiedom and I bought together, and it is my only one I can stand to leave in for long periods of time. I find the small one plenty big for me, as I don't do anal except on rare occasions, but the medium doesn't seem too bad either from your review.

Great review Butterfly!!
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Subbiebrookie View Comment
    I have the large of this plug and it is my absolute favorite! It is easy to wear long term because there are no hard edges.
    I agree. It is very smooth and rounded and it doesn't hurt at all. Some plugs I have used can be pinchy when you move around and I have never had that problem with this plug.
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlueCookies View Comment
    I have the small version of this in blue!!! It was the first butt plug Aussiedom and I bought together, and it is my only one I can stand to leave in for long periods of time. I find the small one plenty big for me, as I don't do anal except on rare occasions, but the medium doesn't seem too bad either from your review.

Great review Butterfly!!
    I'm so glad you enjoy it. I think to be fair, all 3 sizes of this plug are actually small compared to a lot of plugs I have seen or used. I think the largest is only 4.5" long and 1.5" in diameter. I have heard a lot of people compare using the small plug to the equivalent of having a thumb in your bum. I think that is why it makes the perfect starter plug as well.
  5. Old Comment
    Oh very nice, thank you for reviewing! I am intrigued by the base on this, that might solve some time constraint issues...

I'm curious about your comment regarding lube - do toys made of certain materials absorb lube? I hadn't heard of that before, or thought about it anyways; does it affect how easy it is to clean it?
    Posted 02-16-2016 at 04:41 AM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by naughtylittlegirl View Comment
    Oh very nice, thank you for reviewing! I am intrigued by the base on this, that might solve some time constraint issues...

I'm curious about your comment regarding lube - do toys made of certain materials absorb lube? I hadn't heard of that before, or thought about it anyways; does it affect how easy it is to clean it?
    Absorb might have been the wrong word choice, but I find toys that are made from silicon require more lube. There is more drag and friction compared to a toy made from say glass. Maybe this is what causes the toy to go dry while inside you for long periods of time. I have just found you need to reapply more frequently this plug and ones made of similar material becaude the lube disapears faster. I find glass toys stay slippery longer.

This toy cleans very well. I usually use hot water and soap or toy cleaner but it can also be safely boiled or put in the dishwasher to be sterilized.
  7. Old Comment
    Okay, that makes sense, thank you!
    Posted 02-16-2016 at 11:37 AM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  8. Old Comment
    Hm! I have noticed that the plug I use has a base that's not very flexible. I think that this one would be better. Although you did say it comes out easier, which is a big con...

I like reading about toys, so these review blogs are a good idea. Keep them coming, please!
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drwarschauu View Comment
    Hm! I have noticed that the plug I use has a base that's not very flexible. I think that this one would be better. Although you did say it comes out easier, which is a big con...

I like reading about toys, so these review blogs are a good idea. Keep them coming, please!
    I have never had the medium sized plug slip out while walking around or wearing it. It has only popped out during intercourse or while orgasming on a couple occasions but that was from the contraction of my muscles. Because if the shape of the base and the size of the waist, it sits very securely inside you and I have had to walk somebody through relaxing enough to remove it even. I would highly recommend this plug, especially after reading some of your recent adventures. I think it will be a lot more comfortable for you to walk around with and sit down with.