Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > janesg

Rate this Entry

Homework Assignment on Slave Collars

Posted 01-21-2015 at 06:05 PM by janesg

I am wearing my collar now. It is a red leather collar about 2 inches thick, and is the standard form of collar you may find, it has some studs in it, is strapped on at the back of the neck, and could have a padlock added to keep it in place if necessary. It also has a D-Ring at the front so a leash could be attached if required. Most people are familiar with this sort of collar, it is a slave collar pure and simple, ok maybe red would not be to everybody's taste, but for me, somehow red is sexy and dangerous.
Of course, really a slave should not buy their own collar, rather they should be collared by a Mistress or a Master. They are a slave after all, why should they get a choice? But I wanted a collar, I had no one to collar me and at the time this was my choice. I didn't research it too thoroughly, I went to a few websites and chose one I like. I did consider girly pink, and maybe a little thinner and more feminine, but I wanted to be aware of the restraint at all times and so went for a larger in width one.
So what could I have opted for other than this one or a pink one? Well obviously black is popular, as are styles that are more dog collar that slave collar. But they didn't appeal, too masculine, and pet play is not really my thing, I wanted one that was definitely for a human. looking again, there are also variants on this style that have more attachment, often more d-rings, so as well as a leash, a slave could have their wrists also fastened to their collar to offer more control, and of course with the aid of straps and harnesses, almost any part of the body can be constrained and then attached to a collar.
Then their are collars which are aimed at being more humiliating, the collar may not be that different, but words are written on the collar, it may be 'slave' or 'bitch' or 'sissy' or anything you can imagine. This would take away the slave pretending that the collar was some sort of fashion statement, if you see someone on a cute pink collar which says 'sissy' they are most probably a sissy, and the world is going to know it.
There are also different types of collar such as a posture collar. These collars are very wide and are shaped to fit over the whole neck of a submissive, keeping their head up and straight at all times, and I can imagine they must feel very demeaning to wear. someone in this sort of collar is not messing about, they are under someone's control and are feeling some discomfort from wearing this collar, only the brave or the truly meek would be walking down the high street of their local town on a Saturday afternoon in this sort of collar.
The opposite end of the spectrum to this are collars that are fashioned to be more like jewellery. You may think that the wearer of this sort of collar is chickening out, but actually the opposite is often true. These may be a solid band of metal that has been welded closed, yes it could pass for a fashion item, but it isn't coming off anytime soon. These people are in a relationship with a dominant person, and both of them know what the collar signifies at all times, the submissive have given themselves over fully to their Mistress or Master and will wear their collar permanently because of this. Of course not all these styles are permanently locked on, and if I were choosing today I may go for a hybrid of the two, perhaps something like the photo in this link... https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...92bf9f8e68.jpg but perhaps with a thinner chain, but I like the heart at the front.

So what does a collar mean. Well the collar itself can be given for many reasons, but there does seem to be some standard reasons why collars are worn, this is not an exhaustive list but covers some of the most popular forms of collaring.
Collar of Protection.
A slave may wear one of these to show that they are being protected by a superior. They may not be that person's slave but rather may need to show that they are not freely available and someone is looking after their interests, for instance they may have come out of a negative relationship, but need the reassurance that they cannot come to anymore harm.
Collar of Consideration
This would signify that a person could be the potential slave of another, but it is early days and both parties are yet to have made a full commitment, but the potential slave is sort of on trial.
Training Collar
a stage on from the collar of consideration. Someone with this collar is likely to progress to being a full slave, but they still have much to learn, and maybe need to modify their behaviour to a dominants satisfaction before they can become that persons full time property.
Collar of Ownership
Not surprisingly, this collar is put on a slave who is fully owned by their dominant person. It would either be permanent, or worn on command. This person knows how to satisfy their owner and they have earned the right to wear their collar with pride. Despite them being a slave, a collar of ownership is something they could be proud of if they were allowed to have an ego and express an opinion, is it wrong to be self-satisfied and a slave?

There are many of you who will have a lot more experience with collars than me, and if your opinions differ from mine, or you think I am just plain wrong with some of these details, then I am very sorry if I have offended anyone in any way, and humbly beg your forgiveness.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1477 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments