Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Sarge90

Rate this Entry

...[I'll] confess what I've done, and ask them to pardon their prodigal son...

Posted 07-08-2014 at 10:59 PM by Sarge90

Good evening to you all.

Yep, I'm back, if only intermittently, and what better way to celebrate my triumphant return than with a blog post.

Unfortunately, this one is decidedly less about punishments and more about me, so this is the time for many of you to leave.

Still here?

Seriously, I'm only going to spout mind-numbing platitudes about how I feel I've grown as a person, and time away has helped me reflect on my life...

Really? You're that bored?

Oh well, don't say I didn't warn you...

Firstly, I wish to make it abundantly clear that I will be an infrequent presence in the cyberspace ether. This is due to several factors, such as my having a life outside of getdare (admittedly a rather dull and uneventful one, but one I've grown accustomed to nonetheless).

Another reason I won't stay long is that I cause myself to suffer more when I indulge my online alter ego... A creature that I assure you requires little encouragement to attempt total domination of my hitherto unremarkable life.

That said, have no fear that time away from here may lessen my contribution to this site, for as you can clearly see I am an egotistical, self serving and rather smug individual regardless of which side of Henry/Edward you happen to catch me on.

So, here's to the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Long may it continue.

P.S. Bonus points for anybody who can get the song the title was from, the reference to a Stevenson novel and the butchered quote in the final line.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3257 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Henry Jekyll and Edward Hyde- The strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is the Stevenson reference. Private school for the win
  2. Old Comment
    The quote in the final line is of course from the film Casablanca.