Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

Spelling and grammar

Posted 02-22-2012 at 08:48 AM by Manbearpig

It seems more and more blog posts and post in the lounge (the two main areas on this site I go on, besides for the mod section), spelling and grammar have seem to be forgotten. I don't ask a lot, and I don't even ask for posts to be 100% grammar mistake free, because quite honestly, mine aren't. But can't people include some capitalized sentences and punctuation marks besides periods. Maybe I am fighting a stupid battle, but come on people, make a decent effort.

sigh....
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1627 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    long live, aMericka!!..
  2. Old Comment
    I hate you......
  3. Old Comment
    To be honest, I completely agree with you. Many people (not just on this site, but very commonly on this site) can't even manage grade school level English. It's pretty depressing.

I'm tempted to start trashing any thread started without any attempt at proper spelling / capitalisation, etc. but then I worry there'd be no posts left.
  4. Old Comment
    It irritates me sooooooo bad the more classes I take for my English major. :P I see the mistakes and suddenly people appear tons less intelligent. :P

Obviously no one is always perfect and English grammar is tough, but there's some pretty simple stuff that shouldn't get screwed up so much. >.>
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetsong View Comment
    It irritates me sooooooo bad the more classes I take for my English major. :P I see the mistakes and suddenly people appear tons less intelligent. :P

Obviously no one is always perfect and English grammar is tough, but there's some pretty simple stuff that shouldn't get screwed up so much. >.>
    "irritates me so bad" isn't correct either.

But yeah, having spent time learning spelling and grammar properly, it's really painful when you see really bad examples. I don't expect people to have super nazi approved levels or anything, but at least try not to look stupider than a 10 year old if you want to be taken seriously.
  6. Old Comment
    I'm going to try my best to undertake this task. Personaly I do think this battle can be won!!
  7. Old Comment
    Leoooooooooo

I said nobody is perfect. :P