Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

Idiots

Posted 05-10-2011 at 03:27 PM by Manbearpig

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/07/136053...ow-soon-enough

People are claiming the rapture takes place a week from Saturday. Our friends in New Zealand are first, followed by everyone in every time zone starting a 6 AM. They are getting rid of all their things because what use will it be after next Saturday.

Idiots
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5148 Comments 14
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 14

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Are they Americans? Just a wild guess without opening the link.
  2. Old Comment
    They are but they have billboards all over the place. It really shouldn't make a difference where they are from
  3. Old Comment
    Now, thats not very nice. Not all Americans are idiots. I am American thank you very much. I believe this it totally ridiculous. May 22 is coming and I wonder what they will believe in when it passes without a hitch......... Im still grumpy about the american joke. *Growl*
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Comment
    They are but they have billboards all over the place. It really shouldn't make a difference where they are from

Thank you Man Bear Pig
  5. Old Comment
    Naughty me, thinking they'd likely be American. I was being cynical, prejudicial and quick to judge. And accurate.
  6. Old Comment
    cool so we are all going to die via the world time line [that we kinda self invented] does that mean i can at least for a little while outrun the rapture if it's moving round like a big black shadow ?
  7. Old Comment
  8. Old Comment
    Hmm, I wonder if he used the Julian, Gregorian or Hebrew calendar in his calculations and also how he accounted for the mode of Abib adjustments in the Hebrew lunar year. Hebrew leap years involve the insertion of an extra (13th) month every Abib year depending on the barley harvest. Not a day as in a solar calendar.

There is going to be a lot of weeping and wailing next Saturday when all those who have spent their last dollar and given up their jobs are jarred back into reality.
  9. Old Comment
    Well these people (Who use the King James bible, so both Americans and English people are idiots so lets stop this) also believe in creationism and the flood. The flood is an old pagan story and most likely didn't happen and the world was not created in 7 days. So odds are we have nothing to worry about. Odds are this is just a giant cult trying to get people to visit their website or to buy their products or listen to their radio show.
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sharp Nacelle View Comment

Depending on when they make this switch could be vital. If it is before next Saturday, then they will be one of the first to go. If they don't, they will have time to buy their bibles and repent!!! Praise be Jesus!

Edit: They are safe, because it is taking place in December and we won't be around then.
  11. Old Comment
  12. Old Comment
    These people usually are Americans as Sharp deduced correctly. However I don’t think anybody is suggesting that it’s because Americans or anyone else are stupid. The reason is simply because of the culture. Some right wing conservative Christianity in the US is associated with the so called “prosperity gospel,” legalistic tithing and such. This generates huge amounts of cash that fires such propagation of these ideas. It is certainly not limited to the US but it thrives in the US due to the freedom of speech guaranties for religious broadcasters.

TBN is one such broadcaster that propagates this financial philosophy. The UK prohibits the appeal for money aspect by law for religious broadcasters. Thus TBN uplink the English (UK) broadcast via Spain to avoid legislation. Also we have our own homespun version of such broadcasting, but guess what; they also moved their uplink from the UK to another country and also set up a large office in the US. Now they appeal for money even more so than their American counterparts.

Yes there are many Christians in the UK that use the King James Version Bible, but until recent years few of them were associated with such extreme philosophies, the King James Version is not the problem; the prosperity gospel is the problem. Now the prosperity gospel is spreading everyware. Why? Simply because it generates enormous amounts of cash at the expense of vulnerable people.
  13. Old Comment
    Like I said, lets try to not make this politically or nationally related at all. We all must get along, because doomsday is in 9 days, and if we don't survive the rapture, then there will be issues....
  14. Old Comment
    Well I guess I better pack.