Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

Free Agent Report: Day 2

Posted 07-02-2010 at 10:13 PM by Manbearpig

A lot of surprises today in free agency. Where do I start?

Lebron: No surprises here, regarding today anyways. Met with Miami for 3 hours and met with Clippers for 55 minutes. There was a huge surprise regarding tomorrow as the Cavs and Bulls flip flopped giving the Bulls the last time slot. Why is this big. Well recent rumors regarding...

...Dwayne Wade. I said prior to all of this, Wade was almost certain to sign with the Heat. Well, following a move by Amar'e Stodamire (who I will discuss below) to the Knicks seemed to irritate Dwayne as he thought he was going to Miami. He tweeted earlier, "Imma start a website called What little do they know.com.." and some see that as how pissed off he was at this. He met with the Knicks today, which is no surprise, but also met with the Bulls, his hometown team, for a second time, which was. What was even more surprising is that now the Bulls are possibly the front runners, and might have even offered him a contract tonight and hoping he could commit before the Bulls talk to Lebron tomorrow. Now, no one knows what really is going to happen, but Wade returning to the Heat has gone from 95% to something of a huge unknown...

Chris Bosh: No real surprises today. Met with a few teams, Knicks and Bulls included. Was seen shaking hands outside with Bulls for what it is worth. Less likely he is going to sign with Bulls now and more likely that he is going to go somewhere in a sign and trade that is over cap currently. But you never know...

Joe Johnson- Surprising to hear he is possibly looking at other deals besides the Hawks mistake..err...I mean max contract offer. Looking at New York and Chicago. I think in the end he will resign with Atlanta.

Amar'e Stodamire- Rumor is he is leaning towards New York at a 5 year deal. New York is desperate right now as they don't want to get shut out. Heat apparently not interested in matching any such deal, which would be bad in resigning Wade.

Carlos Boozer and David Lee- Sorry guys, no one really cares about you guys right now. Maybe later.

MBP's Take

Chicago is really be aggressive. As a Bulls fan, this is exciting. Even if Lebron goes to New Jersey or back to Cleveland, the odds of getting Bosh instantly increase and you are now favorites in the East. If I were a fan of Knicks, I would be happy something is going to happen. Sure, most likely it is not going to be Lebron. But unlike some teams, it looks like you are not going to be shut out. If I was a Heat fan, I would be very worried right now. If Wade is gone, so is your team. They would be in the worst shape of all, most likely being one of the worst teams next season. If Wade goes, the odds of Bosh going there or Lebron are very small if at any. The Nets still have a fighters chance at Lebron, although not a great one. They could also be screwed as well. David Lee would be a possibility but you never know...
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments