PDA

View Full Version : Buying sex toys

depravedChattel
12-20-2011, 08:37 PM
So tomorrow I plan on going to buy a dildo and/or butt plug from a brick and mortar store. This will be the first time I've ever gone into an adult store and I'm wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom.

What are the employees usually like in these places? Friendly? Eager to help? Or do they just sort of let you do your own thing and pay for it like at any other store?

How do you be not awkward when buying sex toys? I realize this question probably isn't actually possible to answer, but still. Is it just a matter of being casual about it, and it's inevitable that the first few times will be awkward? Will employees generally notice that you're new and make a point to offer assistance? Or is this just something that depends on the store and the person working at that time?

321tt
12-21-2011, 05:16 AM
1) Need to say one thing: The employees feel with you, everybody who ever went to such shop had had his "first time". So don't worry, even if you behave really strange, they'll be ok with that. Usually they start the conversation asking what you're looking for, which I always considered easier.

2) If you need a dildo for yourself, simply say that. They meet different people with different tastes, needs and wishes, so don't be afraid to be open towards them.

3) If you buy a dildo, they'll probably offer you desinfection and cleaning lotion as well. My best advice is to buy it and use it on your toys.

4) Good luck!

mrshunter
12-21-2011, 05:20 AM
its always tricky, what i use to do is go with a friend, have a laugh and a giggle, it feels naughty because it is, but you are an adlut and your allowed to be. if you really cant cope you can always come home and just order online. xxx

depravedChattel
12-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Thank you, 321tt, you helped assuage my fears. I ended up buying a butt plug and some lube, and the person working there was really helpful and friendly. It helps a lot when they're so casual about it.