PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 character limit....

johnsalach
03-03-2008, 05:49 PM
.....is just annoying when posting stories. Any chance the story boards could have it trebled or quadrupled.

Manbearpig
03-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Well as personal experience in reading the stories, sometimes they just go on and on and i don't feel like finishing it. I personally think it should be lowered. However, i have some minor ADD, so thats just me. :D

Insomnia
03-03-2008, 08:17 PM
My guess is there has to be a finite limit to it - if it was twice as much, you'd just break it fewer times, it wouldn't remove the need to do it altogether. What would be nice is if the comments on the story could be seperate from the story itself...

Davros
03-04-2008, 12:21 PM
.....is just annoying when posting stories. Any chance the story boards could have it trebled or quadrupled.

I think this is alright for one post. Over 10,000 characters in one post can be a lot. Yeah, okay, it includes punctuation etc, but it'd still be a lot. Besides, you can always post another section straight after.

johnsalach
03-04-2008, 04:03 PM
I think this is alright for one post. Over 10,000 characters in one post can be a lot. Yeah, okay, it includes punctuation etc, but it'd still be a lot. Besides, you can always post another section straight after.

That would be good, but I divide my stories into chapters, logical endings for each part of the story. Sometimes these are 12,000 characters and I hate having a Part 1 and Part 2.

I also have to wait 30 seconds before posting the next part.

This is annoying. I am impatient! ;-)

depp
03-04-2008, 04:14 PM
I have changed the 10,000 character limit to 25,000. Hopefully this makes it easier for some people.

The 30 seconds has to stand as it helps prevent flooding and double posting. Sorry :(