PDA

View Full Version : BDSM litterature

MasterBeltha
02-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Do you like reading BDSM novels? And if it's the case :
1) What's the best novel/storie you have ever read?
2) Who is your best BDSM author?
3) What is your favorite topic for BDSM stories?

In my case :
Yes, I like reading BDSM stories
1) Emma and Ursulla serie (by Hilary James)
2) Hilary James and Claire Thompson
3) Female chastity

Traveler
03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Ann Rice bed time stories.

lydiab6
03-09-2008, 12:42 AM
1)Sandcastles(by Nightshade)
2)TM Quinn
3)I like variety

Bandit|Queen
04-09-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm supprised no one has mentioned anything by the Marquis DeSade, he is afterall where sadist comes from, although not strictly BDSM there are plenty of erm...juicy bits in his novels his most famous being Justine. Also The Story of O by Pauline Reage I've not read this yet by keep meaning to: http://frenchwoman.co.uk/

MstDynamic
04-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Story of O

No need to say who by etc, its one of the best

Merlin
04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm supprised no one has mentioned anything by the Marquis DeSade, he is afterall where sadist comes from, although not strictly BDSM there are plenty of erm...juicy bits in his novels his most famous being Justine. Also The Story of O by Pauline Reage I've not read this yet by keep meaning to: http://frenchwoman.co.uk/The Story of O is quite funny, but i have mixed feelings of DeSade some parts are fun to read but in some areas it is going a bit to far for me :)

Bandit|Queen
04-11-2008, 09:58 AM
but i have mixed feelings of DeSade some parts are fun to read but in some areas it is going a bit to far for me :)

er....yes I have to say they do go quite far but if you accept they are a product of their time and just written to shock and push boundaries then they are quite funny in places and I can't help but laugh at how DeSade words some things, well worth a read and you can just skip over the bits that are a bit much :)

Sum
04-11-2008, 04:55 PM
er....yes I have to say they do go quite far but if you accept they are a product of their time and just written to shock and push boundaries then they are quite funny in places and I can't help but laugh at how DeSade words some things, well worth a read and you can just skip over the bits that are a bit much :)

Exactly, you have to remember the whole French revolution, we're going to tear down the old world thing in them. It's all about the philosophy in them about ripping apart the old gods and creating the idea of everyone for themselves. Quite interesting when you look at the development of modernism and post-modernism and all that jazz.

I was reading an introductory book about Roland Barthes recently and he brings up Sade. For him, what is interesting about Sade's work is not the sexual antics and gratuitous harshness of it, but, instead the fact that throughout he continually lists and counts the events.

but that's just structuralism (and i wonder why the younger members don't comment much in this type of thread)

Bandit|Queen
04-11-2008, 11:58 PM
I was reading an introductory book about Roland Barthes recently and he brings up Sade. For him, what is interesting about Sade's work is not the sexual antics and gratuitous harshness of it, but, instead the fact that throughout he continually lists and counts the events.

Isn't that what all guys do anyway though?;)

Sum
04-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Which, of course my little slaveling shows says something quite interesting about those guys that do.

Bandit|Queen
04-14-2008, 01:41 AM
what that they have so few sexual conquests they can actually keep track of them or that they need to keep a tally to boost their ego because they have no other way of doing it? :p

Oreo_here
04-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Story of O

No need to say who by etc, its one of the best

Read the first chapters of that! But anyway. Kushiesl legacy! OMGAH! Those books rule. There is Kushiels,Dart,Chosen,Avatar,Scion,Mercy and Justice out in May! OMGAH! I can't wait. Dude,dude!These books are AWESOME! By Jaqueline Carey. Bit Biased because she's my favourite Fantasy author. :D