PDA

View Full Version : Characters of a good Master/slave

MasterBeltha
02-27-2008, 02:13 PM
What are the characters of a good Master and the characters of a good slave? I know that each person is unique. However, I think that all the good Master and all the good slaves have common characters. I will give my point of view after reading the feedback of some members.

Merlin
02-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Thats really not easy as this can be different depending on the other person. But i can try to answer what i think are good character traits.
But this will of course be quite subjective

A Master should be calm, empathetic, charismatic, creative, observant, intelligent, humorous

A Slave should be obedient, interested, polite, unassuming, intelligent, humorous

(No special order)

MasterPain
02-29-2008, 07:23 AM
a master shouldn't show much of the harsh negative emotions. if he is quick to anger then he is not right, if he is abusive then he again is not right to even hold the title of master.

Masters is not about abusing people, abuse if the unlawful assault on individuals, unwanted and unprovoked attacks.

to come home and say " slave, you have disappointed me,..." and then explains the situation fully and then explains your punishment. then be expected to like it. if he spanks, hits, chains you down and does it in a respectful punishment manor then its alright. as long as he has the slaves consent.

but if he just comes in and starts hitting you without provocation or reason. just because he had a shitty day, and just goes off.
MAD MOJO.

a master should show love and caring in all he does, even punishment.
he MUST respect the gift of trust that has been offered him.

SubMissChievous
03-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I believe that qualities may differ depending on each individual but also depending on each other’s needs, interests, expectations and also the type of relationship they are in (offline, online, strict, more casual, etc.) So I will name some of the characteristics that I personally believe are important but keep in mind that at least some of them are not necessarily a must…

Masters qualities

Trustworthy: An obvious one I think… To earn a slave’s trust a Master must show good judgment & sense of responsibility. Obviously, a good Master doesn’t want to cause any harm to his slave.

Fair: Before setting a rule, task or (especially) a punishment a Master should make sure that it is indeed appropriate before making a final decision.

Creative: Being able to come up with new ideas & methods always makes the relationship more interesting for both the Master & the slave. :)

Adaptable: Some conditions or situations may happen where a Master will need to adjust either some rules or tasks to make them fit the circumstances. It’s very helpful to be able to come up with solutions & “B-plans” then.

Observant: I think a good Master should be able to watch, listen, “read” his slave by paying attention to such details as body language, feelings and/or concerns expressed by a slave, any reactions good or bad.

Slaves qualities

Respectful: Another obvious one as it’s generally expected from slaves to show respect to their Masters & their authority over them. But also being able to express any needs, feelings, requests in a polite & courteous manner.

Subservient: Of course, it is expected from slaves to obey & carry orders from their Masters but a good slave should obviously enjoy pleasing his Master & be grateful if given something in return.

Confident: As much as slaves need to trust their Masters they also need to trust their own abilities as well. Being calm & able to maintain composure is particularly helpful when a slave is required to perform a task that he/she don’t like much.

Attentive: Good slaves would pay full attention to what is being asked of them & be focused in order to perform tasks to the best of their capacity as well as to progress to better themselves.

Open-minded: Showing a receptive mind to new ideas & an eagerness to learn.

And, of course, from both Masters & slaves a good ability to communicate is always important.

Finally, also some of the qualities mentioned for Masters are good to find in slaves & vice versa :)