PDA

View Full Version : Slave/Master Psychology

dolphin9
02-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Does anyone have any insight into why people are attracted to slave/master relationships? I know it's been discussed that the reasons for the attraction is unique for each individual, but I think that there's something in common for those that have this compulsion

I'll share my own theory. I think that a person's first sexual experience sets the stage for their sexual tendencies later in life. Shoe fetishists can have very early memories of shoes taking some sort of sexual form in their childhood--setting the stage for a bizarre sexual interest for the rest of their lives.

My first sexual experience was playing truth or dare with a friend when I was about 12--I think this is the ultimate source of my fascination with control, and being controlled. Maybe a domineering mother/father, or lack of parental control could explain the interests as well. Any thoughts?

SubMissChievous
02-25-2008, 10:15 PM
There was a similar thread started by Darren recently.

I think in some case, yes, background can influence some people into this lifestyle, but from my experience talking with others & sharing thoughts, those are a minority.

I have “discovered” my submissive side way before my 1st sexual experience. In fact, my submissive side has not so much to do with sex when I think of it. Even though my tasks as a slave are mostly sexual I get satisfaction & comfort with the rules that has been set for me, by living up to my Master’s expectations & improving myself as an individual through these. The sexual side is a bonus. I’m not saying that it’s like that for all, I know it isn’t…

I don’t know about the 1st sexual experience theory… My 1st experience was so dull & boring I can’t see how it could have affect my “choice” in any way really. But I can see how it’s possible that earlier background can affect one person, at least from my perspective. I’m the youngest from a family of four with 3 older brothers. I was also very close to my father… Maybe I’m looking for some “masculine protection & guidance” since I’ve been subjected to it since my early days in a positive manner, who knows?… But another person, with the same background could be different as it has to do with personality too I think.

Like I said the conversations I’ve had about this subject lead me to realize how different it is from one another. I really find this question interesting & look forward to what other members will reply to this.

johnny_c18
02-25-2008, 10:32 PM
you can draw any conclusion using hindsight....

using the psychoanalytic method to explain s/m relationships is really kinda...
nearsighted? i dont know if that's what i want to say.

but basically...you determine the cause based on like.... observations, and behavioral traits...and then find something out about the examinee's childhood...and....essentially you can tie any two things together with this method.

I do believe however that being a slave a very selfish behavioral trait...very feral/childlike. The reason people do it (or at least the reason i do it) is to seek acceptance and good favor from the master. It's sorta greedy in that you block out your normal social role to get this deep underlying urge from the Id. (i know...conflict of thought...i just ragged on freud a minute ago)...so.
I dunno.
reverting to a sense of childish selfism to activate pleasure hormones?
-John

lydiab6
02-25-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure how I really got into it. The earliest memory I have of anything related to BDSM was when I was less than 6 I used to strip my Barbie dolls and tie them up. I didn't think of it as sexual then, but I enjoyed doing it. I have always seemed to gravitate toward the lifestyle. I can't pinpoint it to any one thing. Though, since I have discovered it in myself, I have discovered that my dad leans toward the same fetishes I do, so it might be a genetic predisposition. Somewhere in my wiring.

kinky_devil_101
02-26-2008, 09:25 AM
im not quite sure why im so submissive.
With all my friends and in my 'regular life' i am very strong willed, opinionated and referred to as 'lary' if i have a problem people will know, end of.

Its certainly not related to any sexual experiences, as i havent had any!:(