PDA

View Full Version : What to do

nolimits12398
10-27-2011, 10:36 AM
All problems are solved. Thank you everyone!

SubMissChievous
10-27-2011, 11:03 AM
I have moved your thread to the Advice section.

If you are 20 and she's really 17 then I'm not sure this is a big problem. I don't know the California laws by heart but I'm pretty sure it's okay to go out for dinner and casual "dating" stuff. But yeah I understand that the fact she lied doesn't help you trust her.

Well, if you have planned to meet in a public place and don't plan on having sex then I would think you should not worry too much about being set up by NBC :)

Anyway, just be safe and take your time. Or if you're really not comfortable with the situation then you might just want to cancel it.

fireman
10-27-2011, 11:30 AM
as long as there is no sex involved i belive you will be fine

Slightly Pathetic
10-27-2011, 11:34 AM
FIRST, DON'T MENTION "TO CATCH A PREDATOR" TO HER. Not unless you've been dating for... like a year. I'm dead serious about that.

Tell her you're nervous about her age because of what you did (together) online. That you don't know what her parents are like, and how they could put you in jail if they wanted to. Meet her publicly, and if she asks to go somewhere private with you, just tell her "We have to wait a few days, I'm sorry." Try to make sure she doesn't feel 'rejected' because of her age, without getting physical. That doesn't rule out kissing and hugging, but control yourself is all.

nolimits12398
10-27-2011, 11:41 AM
thank you everyone for the posts! its really helping me out I appreciate it! We are going to meet publicly im just worried that a set up could happen there haha, damn that show its messing with me!

nellybell
10-27-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure if this applies to all states, may have to look this one up on your own. At least in New York, you can legally have sex with her even though she is 17. I think as long as you are under 21 -or maybe 21 too- and she is for sure 17 then you're fine and it won't come under rape. However if things do start to go that way, I would ask for I.D. xD

As for this being to catch a predator, I wouldn't think so. They usually are very up front about the age and its usually like 13 or 14 so there is no grey area on how creepy it could be. As long as you aren't supposed to be meeting her at her house while shes all alone I don't think you have anything to worry about :p