PDA

View Full Version : we need members man

beaggressive
02-10-2008, 02:24 PM
hey i got a question why cant this site just limit like half of each post and you can see the other half if you become a member that would so get more members

Collared_Slave
02-10-2008, 02:25 PM
No one would come near because that is so annoying.

SubMissChievous
02-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Sound like a suggestion so I'll move this to the Suggestion Zone.

Non-members already do not have access to some features such as the Mature stories (18+) & the Trashcan. Perhaps limiting the access to the s/m area would be an idea but personally I prefer keeping most features open to all including visitors as it seems to me the best way to encourage them to register. And another way to attract them to join is to keep the quality of threads & posts as high as possible. :)

TheLittleStrawberry
02-10-2008, 02:35 PM
I usually just leave a site, if there are restricted areas... If I can't see what I'm joining for, then why should I? :p...

Plus.. Alot of people use the Slave/master area, unregistered... I think that if we limited that area, we'd lose alot of potential members.

I say.. It's fine as it is now.

depp
02-10-2008, 03:09 PM
I very strongly believe all users should be on a level playing feild. I hate feeling like I have to do something to get the most out of it. As it stands now guests can do pretty much everything except post. The only reason you have to register to post here is so we can easily track abuse and moderate. I don't care if people register or not. I only care that we provide a service people enjoy.

shroobs
02-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I agree, there's always like 30 guests, if people couldn't read threads unless they become a member it'd bring a lot of new people around.

Sum
02-10-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm making a rough guess here, but i think we get in the region of 3 or 4 new members a day. I think that's plenty.

As I've said before a lot of the guests are actually spiders. I was going to say, depp is there a way of hiding them from the who's online list, it gives quite a false picture at the moment.

shroobs
02-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Currently Active Users: 77 (37 members and 40 guests)

I just went through them, about 10 are spiders. That's 30 guests that are true guests.

depp
02-10-2008, 04:24 PM
I actually like watching the spiders. :)

Don't think I will remove them but they are identified for you if you go to the detailed active users page. We average about the same number of spiders at all times however.

Fiendish
02-10-2008, 04:27 PM
I say we offer 'em some free pot if they join.

That'll get 'em coming, methinks, especially Americans.

MasterO
02-10-2008, 08:01 PM
I say we offer 'em some free pot if they join.

That'll get 'em coming, methinks, especially Americans.

Speak for yourself POTHEAD! lol

I think we should stick with offering something a little bit more like legal, then again if your in California and have a head ache or something I here it is legal now. I saw on TV they were selling medical pot out of vending machines.

Fiendish
02-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Speak for yourself POTHEAD! lol

I think we should stick with offering something a little bit more like legal, then again if your in California and have a head ache or something I here it is legal now. I saw on TV they were selling medical pot out of vending machines.

Not yet IIRC, but it's supposed to happen later this year.

Trystaan
02-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Just while I am reading this post I am wondering.

Spiders?? please someone explain

Merlin
02-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Just while I am reading this post I am wondering.

Spiders?? please someone explainvery short version: a programme browsing every link it can find, that was send out by a search engine to find new sites...

depp
02-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Me let spiders inflate getDare usage stats? NEVER!

Hey, at least I am transparent about it. I could always hide that fact they are spiders. :)

Lizard
02-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I've been lurking round GetDare for about a month now as one of those "guests." I happened upon this thread last night and decided to join-up so that I could toss my two cents in.

I agree with LittleStrawberry; I like to see the majority of a forum before I ask for the privilege of becoming a member. I belong only to a handfull of forums and will not consider joining unless I believe that both the members and the owners/moderators are doing their best to make the forum the best that it can be. Needless to say, I have been quite impressed by everything (layout, diversity of the members, respect for each other, etc.) at GetDare.

I do think it important to allow guests read/only access to the majority of the site. The site will sell itself, and those who do join will likely be better members than if membership were required for access to the majority of the content.

For now, I will likely continue to read more than I write, but happy to be a member who is reading.

adisney
03-20-2008, 01:21 PM
I dislike this idea. How do people know if they want to sign-up if they cant see 50% of each post?