PDA

View Full Version : Forcing People to 'Read' rules

Big_Joe
02-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I recently signed up to another forum and users are unable to post until they have looked at the rules section of the site. This could be a good way to 'force' new users to read the rules.

(sorry bout the multi-posts i kept getting a weird message saying it hadn't worked when i tried to post this; but apparently it did)

SubMissChievous
02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
I agree with you. A lot of newbies start posting without reading the rules. Some of them told me they couldn't find them... (not that I mind giving links...)

It would come in handy particularly for the s/m area where there's an age restriction (+16).

Manbearpig
02-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Yes, but do you expect newbies to actually read the rules? They will just blow right through it. They don't care about the rules. They want to post.

SubMissChievous
02-04-2008, 06:58 PM
I guess we would have to trust that they do. Maybe some of them would... Yeah, I'm an optimistic :)

Sei
02-04-2008, 07:00 PM
That's true, but at least with that rule, they wouldn't be able to use a sorry excuse for breaking the rules. For example, "I didn't know I had to be older than 16!", but yet, if they were "forced" to read the rules upon registration, they would clearly have seen that.

SluttyStacy
02-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Yes, but do you expect newbies to actually read the rules? They will just blow right through it. They don't care about the rules. They want to post.

Hampers
02-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I think a quiz after reading the rules is in order...

Big_Joe
02-05-2008, 04:52 AM
Well obviously some people would just blow right through but some people would read them and as others have said it would mean there's no excuses for breaking the rules. Lets wait for Depp's verdict.

lucky
02-05-2008, 03:34 PM
on every forum: first timers first post about the idea they have got about the forum. Admins should consider it as the forum image over net. I can say I did the same mistake (I havent been banned from the beginning so no big mistake). But this is a fact everywhere. When I see someone with 1 post, I advice him. After 5'th post I argue. After 10-30'th I consider him idiot if he still is against.

We should forgive a lot even the rules.