PDA

View Full Version : The Fiend's Eye: Rules

Fiendish
02-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Time for another installment of...

The Fiend's Eye: Rules

This is relatively short compared to my other writings...

After looking at some topics around here, it seems some Masters(herein used to describe Master, Mistress, Dom, Domme) have a little trouble setting rule for their slave(herein used to refer to slaves and subs). Sometimes this is out of inexperience- a first-time Master, for example- and sometimes a Master just draws a blank when setting the rules. This installment of The Fiend's Eye is intended to help you make good rules for your slave.

As always, this is just a general guide, not the end-all be-all for rule-setting. I'm not the ultimate authority on this subject.

Now, let's begin!

You've just acquired your first slave. Now you have to set some rules to be followed by the slave. But you've never actually done any of this before, so you're unsure of what to do.

There's 3 major steps to deciding on what rules should be set:

Step 1:
Determine how strict do you want to be. Will you be fairly lax? Will you be an iron-fisted ruler? Will you fall between?

If it's your first time, and the slave's first time, I recommend being fairly lax on the rules- you need to learn to enforce some simple rules before you add on. And the slave needs to get used to following rules- don't overwhelm her with rules!

Step 2:
Identify specific behaviors. What does the slave do you don't want her to do? What doesn't the slave do that you want her to do?

Does your slave like to masturbate alot? Do you want her to only masturbate on command? Make that one of the rules. Do you want her to walk on all fours whenever possible? Specify that in the rules. Do you want her to dress a certain way? Is there something specific she should call you? That she should call herself?

Consider all of those things, and more. Identify behaviors you want to control, and make rules to control them.

Step 3:
Make sure the rules aren't unreasonable. Unreasonable rules are a bitch.

For example, don't make the slave go to the bathroom outside at 4 PM if she should be at work. Don't make the slave break hard limits to follow the rules. I recommend not even breaking the soft ones with rules until you can easily push them with tasks.

SAMPLE RULES:

Here's a sample set of rules, one that I'm currently making use of:

1.) I'm your Master. You are not to contact other Masters unless I have pre-approved them.

2.) I control your pleasure now, so I tell you when and how you'll be allowed to masturbate. You can ask for permission.

3.) Dress code: When on with me, or doing an assignment for me, you're to be naked, unless I specify otherwise. When wearing clothes, bra and panties are a no-no without permission, and only skirts and the most revealing tops are permissible. Any hair not growing from your head is to be removed and kept removed.

4.) I say, you do. Simple enough.

5.) Read and obey rules 1-4.

It's a simple set of rules, but it works nicely in my opinion.

You could add rules specifying the use of "Master", anything you want the slave to call herself, you could even control bathroom use if you so desire(for example, only allowed to use the bathroom X times a day and/or at X times).
You can also express things that are implied if you want to.

And so ends another edition of The Fiend's Eye... I hope you found this helpful and enjoyed it.