PDA

View Full Version : Getting popular!

Big_Joe
12-15-2006, 12:25 PM
The site is getting very popular. Lately i've noticed that the average amount of people on the site is about 15 - 20. I remember when it was hard to come on and see anyone else on at all!

chain
12-15-2006, 07:40 PM
You have no idea you should have seen what is was like back when it was just thatonegirl, lestat, userben, depp, and me....

Glutgod
12-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Yea when I was on azt first there where like maby ten contributing members but now theres like maby 15 to 20 like you said! Its takien like half a year though but I wonder what will happen in the next half a year.

Smile Guy
01-16-2007, 11:10 AM
We are seeing growth all the time as well.

I've been noticing some new members around who seem to contributing great to the site.

Although we do still have "dead days" where absolutely nothing happens. But it's getting better and better and in some ways it's nicer to just have a few people rather than a massive group with hundreds of people. I feel like I know everyone's name and the ways they act here.

Glutgod
01-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Yea thats true becuase if there is so many people you don't get to know them all and thst no f un.

chain
01-17-2007, 02:42 PM
A lot of people are good, and although we welcome all, regulars kick ass!

bkwrm37
01-17-2007, 10:01 PM

Yeah. Because some people come on, stay for a few days, ask for dares, then leave. It's annoying.

Newbman
01-17-2007, 10:25 PM
well isn't that what getdare was created for? to supply us with dares that we ask for, and to create friendships and other "relationships"?
Just becasue people don't post (me) doesn't mean they don't contribute. I PM and msn other members, this place is like a crossroads into other territory.

depp
01-18-2007, 12:36 AM
getDare was created to serve all aspects of the game Truth or Dare. I run this site to serve you guys. It's a "just for fun" type of thing.

As long as you get something out of this site I am happy. :D

cheesy dude
01-18-2007, 11:26 AM
very modest there depp

Glutgod
01-18-2007, 03:44 PM

well isn't that what getdare was created for? to supply us with dares that we ask for, and to create friendships and other "relationships"?
Just becasue people don't post (me) doesn't mean they don't contribute. I PM and msn other members, this place is like a crossroads into other territory.

It was creAted for that reason but when people come ask for dares and leave without even contributing in any way it gets really annoying.

pixel
01-20-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm logging more and more now, I love this site. Going to try and contribute more though, usualy it was just asking for dares, but now I want to help too :)

Manbearpig
01-31-2007, 03:06 PM
i joined this site in june 06, and ive been on and off periodically. but i have noticed that this site is getting more and more popular. i know its mainly because of the slave/master section, but still. when i first joined, you could find posts in that section that go a month back. now most likely by 7-8 central time, its hard to find one from maybe 2 or 3 days ago because a ton of people will go on. also now more and more people are getting to the member status and the senior member status (such as myself) which is really nice to see. lets keep it up! a lot of people have come and gone, some making only a few posts and some long time people have gone, however a few people remain since i first joined. however, what really annoys me are one-timers, people who come here, post something in the slave/master section or post a DARE ME!!! in the wrong section and then never come back. that really the only thing that annoys me about this site. all in all, thanks depp and all the getdare staff for making this such a fun site to use!

depp=noob=lol
02-01-2007, 08:45 AM
I think that the following rules would work perfectly:
-You cant post threads (all sections) until you have 10 posts
-You cant post threads in Tord Online section until you have 20 posts (to prevent too much Dare me!)
-You cant post threads in the Slave/Master section until you have 50 posts (just bcz the person who is asking for a slave/ master, is a bit known on the site)
-Guests cant visit the slave/master section (to prevent that random ppl add you)
-and the last one: Only members of the MSN TORD GAME (from BigJoe) can visit that section, you first have to ask if you can join. This is to prevent ppl just adding others.

I know that rules arent fun, but without rules, this site will be a mess, bcz if more ppl are using the site, then more people will just abuse this site.

I think that this is the only way to keep getdare a great site.

Manbearpig
02-01-2007, 02:01 PM
-You cant post threads in Tord Online section until you have 20 posts (to prevent too much Dare me!)
-You cant post threads in the Slave/Master section until you have 50 posts (just bcz the person who is asking for a slave/ master, is a bit known on the site)
-Guests cant visit the slave/master section (to prevent that random ppl add you)
-and the last one: Only members of the MSN TORD GAME (from BigJoe) can visit that section, you first have to ask if you can join. This is to prevent ppl just adding others.

I know that rules arent fun, but without rules, this site will be a mess, bcz if more ppl are using the site, then more people will just abuse this site.

yea these rules do look totally fair. someone should metion these to deep. no offense to anyone but this site is starting to get out of hand.

chain
02-01-2007, 04:32 PM

Not a bad idea.

Very good idea

I think that is why we get a lot of new members so I don't know how much that would work....

Rules to be invited would have to be set.

chain
02-01-2007, 04:33 PM
I think that Depp hasn't been on in a while, and should pay more attention, or he might just be very busy, as he normally seems to be this time of year so...

Manbearpig
02-01-2007, 04:57 PM
yea. this really could be the slow time of the year due to the fact that most people on this site have school and/or other stuff to do such as work, clubs, sports, ect. However, thankfully, it looks like we are staying popular.

Smile Guy
02-03-2007, 09:13 AM
I actually disagree with depp=noob=lol's rules. We can't intimidate new people too much. My first over post was actually a thread, but it was offering a dare to the community as a "welcome-present", the MSN Dare Club is highly intimidating to newcomers... I remember someone posting a very good idea that got shot down and then they got threatened to be banned because they weren't a member of it. Hell, we can't have this site being viewed as grossly unfair. We do need some new people!

Manbearpig
02-03-2007, 07:13 PM
we do need some new members smile guy and i've noticed since i got here that most people who join this site and give a post will average about 10 and then never come on again. we need some more members who will give many dares to this site not just one post and then leave. thats why i personally i like depp=nob=lol's rules but everyone is entitled to there own opinion

Glutgod
02-04-2007, 08:53 AM

Yes I agree with these rules I've been wanting something like that to prvent people from just coming and making one post and going, but maby the Master slave can be reduced a bit.

xdressslave
02-05-2007, 04:46 AM
maby the Master slave can be reduced a bit.

Absolutly not. The master/slave section is one of the main reasons this site is getting so popular.

The slave/master scene is big, the problem is finding a place where people are actively looking for partners. GetDare (to my knowledge) is the most active website for this paticular genre.

By reducing this section, you'll be locking down a section of the tord community, and they will have little to nowhere else to go.

The proposed rules do have their merits, however I think to make them more effective, the post requirments must be lowered significantly. 50 posts to get into the slave/master section? No one would bother with that. They'll just post on other website, or even worse, spam the other boards of this website.

In addition, members should be free to make topics in most sections straight away. The only exception to this would be asking for dares etc. That should not be on.

I do agree that guests should not have access to the slave/master section. Making it registerd users will increase our member count significantly. I think people should be able to view the slave/master section, but not post in it till they have made 10 posts on the forums.

I think what would also help this section, is threads automatically being locked, after a period (say 2-4 weeks) of inactivity (no posts). That way, we wont have those annoying people posting to a slave request from 9 months ago.

I also think the forums should be more moderated. But not to the extent to these forums becomming like a militarised police state. Posts should be cleaned up. The same post in 5 different threads would be removed, but genuine interest or comment posts should remain. Mods shouldn't be afraid to use the "delete" option they have available to them.

For the dare section, threads asking for dares should be locked on sight, and deleted. If a reply with a dare (which hasn't been posted before) has been made, then the thread should be split, making that dare a whole new topic, where people can reply to that dare etc. It will make the place much more organised, than 20 dares spread accross 40 "dare me" threads.
A similar approch could be used for the truth section.

I've modded and am an admin on a few forums, and in my experience, locking users out with ridiciously high post requirments will result in less quality, and less quantity. The exact opposite of what we are trying to acheive.

Manbearpig
02-05-2007, 02:03 PM
i guess we have to wait and see wut depp thinks about these ideas.

chain
02-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Absolutly not. The master/slave section is one of the main reasons this site is getting so popular.

The slave/master scene is big, the problem is finding a place where people are actively looking for partners. GetDare (to my knowledge) is the most active website for this paticular genre.

By reducing this section, you'll be locking down a section of the tord community, and they will have little to nowhere else to go.

I agree 100%

The proposed rules do have their merits, however I think to make them more effective, the post requirments must be lowered significantly. 50 posts to get into the slave/master section? No one would bother with that. They'll just post on other website, or even worse, spam the other boards of this website.
I don't even know if post counts matter, but maybe some reputation points.

In addition, members should be free to make topics in most sections straight away. The only exception to this would be asking for dares etc. That should not be on.
That makes one hell of a lot of sense.

I do agree that guests should not have access to the slave/master section. Making it registerd users will increase our member count significantly. I think people should be able to view the slave/master section, but not post in it till they have made 10 posts on the forums.
I don't know about that, because people who start threads will normally leave contact info, unless we make a rule saying that the requestee has to leave contact info, not the requester. That's the only way I see any good out of this rule.

I think what would also help this section, is threads automatically being locked, after a period (say 2-4 weeks) of inactivity (no posts). That way, we wont have those annoying people posting to a slave request from 9 months ago.
I'd say 2 weeks maximum, unless the topic is still apicable to the site.

I also think the forums should be more moderated. But not to the extent to these forums becomming like a militarised police state. Posts should be cleaned up. The same post in 5 different threads would be removed, but genuine interest or comment posts should remain. Mods shouldn't be afraid to use the "delete" option they have available to them.
We need more mods.....seeing as how I'm the only active Mod, and Depp isn't on that much, I do the best I can do in a decent amount of time. I don't know if we need an Admin, or more Mods or what, but at least a few people have to be added to the staff.

For the dare section, threads asking for dares should be locked on sight, and deleted. If a reply with a dare (which hasn't been posted before) has been made, then the thread should be split, making that dare a whole new topic, where people can reply to that dare etc. It will make the place much more organised, than 20 dares spread accross 40 "dare me" threads.
Threads asking for dares are moved.

I've modded and am an admin on a few forums, and in my experience, locking users out with ridiciously high post requirments will result in less quality, and less quantity. The exact opposite of what we are trying to acheive.

I agree

heydarehowareyou
02-05-2007, 03:33 PM
... but maby the Master slave can be reduced a bit.

When Glutgod said this, I thought he meant the number of minimum posts suggested earlier (50) for Master/Slave posts should be reduced a bit.

Glutgod
02-06-2007, 03:07 PM

I agree with most of this but I think that the users should have to post a certin amount I mean even if they do not bother with it and go away them I say good riddance we don't need people like them becuse they wont contribute to the fourms in any way ,if you let them go any were , so I think we need that postage amount.

Manbearpig
02-10-2007, 11:48 AM
I agree with most of this but I think that the users should have to post a certin amount I mean even if they do not bother with it and go away them I say good riddance we don't need people like them becuse they wont contribute to the fourms in any way ,if you let them go any were , so I think we need that postage amount.
i really couldnt agree more glutgod. its not the quanity that is important and weve had a lot of quanity lately, but it is the quality of the website. When i started on the website there wasnt nearly as many posts as there are now but the quality was amazing. With the site growing more and more popular the quality is decreasing more and more. To many people asking for a slave or a master or a dare one day and when i check there profile they havent on the website since. If people are not willing to be active on the website then good riddance u r not going to help this website in any way shape or form (sorry about the angry rant lol)