PDA

View Full Version : The Get Dare Lottery

just_some_guy_dave
01-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Update: accepting entries. Details on how to enter are further down in the thread.

This is a follow-up on discussion in the http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=45762 auction thread. In that thread I suggested that a lottery-type contest might be easier to pull of on getDare than an auction. These are an initial set of rules, which can be edited as needed.

Summary of the Lottery
The game facilitator will define a contest based on a public event. Examples of these contests include:

Guess the "bonus ball" from a specified U.K. Lotto draw
Guess the powerball from a specified U.S. PowerBall draw
Guess the point-spread from a specified American football game
Guess the time of first goal in a specified Football (soccer) game

Potential masters and slaves may enter by PM'ing their guess to the game facilitator as described below.

Closest guess to the actual result generally wins. At least one winning master and at least one "winning" slave will be selected. The "winning" slave will be required to do a photographic dare for the winning master, or be a webcam slave for 30 minutes.

Female entrants on the slaves' list may opt for a third option -- do the dare, but in lieu of submitting photos to the winning master, they may write a 500+ word story on the experience, posting it to getDare.

Details are below.

Who Can Play
People who meet the following criteria may enter:
You must be at least 16 years old (getDare rules)

You must have been a member of getDare for at least one month.

You must have contributed at least 10 posts to getDare, not counting posts in personal threads, or responses of less than one sentence.

You cannot be banned or on probation from getDare staff.

If you are entering as a potential slave, you must have either a digital camera or working webcam.

You must not have welched on a previous lottery payoff.

How to Enter
You may choose to have your name placed on the masters' list, the slaves' list, or both lists by PM'ing your guesses to the game facilitator.

If you are entering as a master and are female, you may make up to three guesses in the masters' list.

If you are entering as a master, are male, and are willing to have a slave of either gender, you may make up to two guesses in the masters' list.

If you are entering as a master, are male, and are willing to play only with one gender, you may make one guess in the masters' list.

If you are entering as a slave, you may make one guess in the slaves' list.

When submitting your entry by PM to the game facilitator, include the following information:
Your getDare ID
Your age and gender
Gender and age limits for the person you may be matched with
Your guess(es) for the masters' list, if you want to be entered as a potential master.
Your guess for the slaves' list, if you want to be entered as a slave [b](may not be the same as your guess(es) on the masters' list)
Whether you'd want your bet to be for a photo dare and/or a webcam session
If entering as a potential slave, any limits you might have

If you're entering for a photo dare bet, include the following additional information in your PM:

If you're entering as a potential master, what dare would you want your winning slave to do?
If you're entering as a potential slave and are male, what is the brand and model of your digital camera? (This is to try to verify that you have a digital camera.)

If you're entering for a webcam bet, include the following additional information in your PM:

What IM system(s) do you use for cam chat? (You do not need to share your screen name)
On what days and at what times do you generally have 30 minutes available where you could settle a bet? (Please specify time zone.)
If you're entering as a potential slave, what is the brand and model of your webcam? (To try to verify that you have a webcam.)

Determining the Winners
The winning master is the person whose guess comes closest to the actual result. In the event of a tie, we will have multiple winners (earliest entry gets the first winning slave).

The winning master's slave will be determined by ranking the potential slaves' guesses from closest to furthest away from the actual result. The winning slave will be the highest ranking slave entry whose age, gender, limits, interests, IM system (for webcam dares), and availability match the winning master's. In the event of a tie, earliest entry wins.

If there are no slaves that are compatible with the winning master's entry, he/she will be disqualified, and the master with the next-closest guess will be declared the winner.

At the end of the contest, the game facilitator will announce the winning master(s) and slave(s), and the terms of the bet. The game facilitator will also announce what everyone's guesses were.

Settling the Bet
If the winners were compatible based on a photo dare, the winning slave will have 14 days from the time the results are announced on getDare to complete the dare, send photographic proof to the winning master, and post about the experience on getDare. The winning master must also post about the photo on getDare after receipt. The winning slave may NOT be required to post the photo anyplace or share the photo with anyone else...although the slave may choose to do so if he/she wishes (subject to the usual getDare rules).

To address the gender imbalance online -- a winning slave who is female has the option to not provide photos to the winning master. If they do so, they must post a story at least 500 words in length about doing the dare within 14 days of the results being announced.

If the winners were compatible based on a webcam interest:
The winning master and slave will agree on a date time to settle the bet within 3 days from the time the results are announced. The bet must be settled within 17 days from when the results are announced. When they've agreed to the date/time, they are to announce it on getDare.
At the specified date and time, the winning master and slave (and any interested spectators) will sign in to the getDare chat room. The winning slave will turn on his/her cam for the winning master, and be the winning master's cam slave (subject to limits) for 30 minutes.
The winning slave is NOT required to open his/her cam to anyone else, although the slave may choose to do so if the slave wishes.

If the winners are compatible on both a photo and a webcam bet, the slave may choose which to fulfill. The slave must announce his/her choice on getDare within 3 days after the results are announced.

About Limits
In addition to any limits contestants may specify, we will assume the following additional limits apply to everyone:

For slaves aged 16 or 17, we assume limits of no nudity, nothing involving genitals or female breasts, and nothing overtly sexual.
We assume limits include "nothing illegal" and "nothing that endangers health."
Slaves may NOT be required to show their face or otherwise identify themselves in photos or on cam.
Photo dares must be of a nature that can be documented on digital camera. They may not require more than 4 photos to satisfy.
Slaves satisfying the bet on webcam may be required to do only things that can be done in front of a computer, and involve only things in the same room as the webcam. The winning master and slave may negotiate on what props/toys/objects may be used, but the slave is free to refuse to buy new props/toys.

Other Rules/Considerations
Standard getDare rules apply. Harassing other participants, asking for pictures (if you aren't the winning master), or other obnoxiousness will disqualify you from the game.
Don't enter if you aren't going to pay up. You may, however, be as detailed as you need to be in specifying your limits.
You are free to withdraw from the game, or revise your entry, before the submission deadline. However, people who abuse this privilege may be disqualified or banned from the game.
The game facilitator will periodically announce the number of entrants into the contest. However, their guesses and other details of their entries will be secret until the entry deadline, with one possible exception....
The game facilitator may not compete as a potential master or slave unless he/she posts his/her guesses at the time the contest is announced.
Despite all these rules, the game is supposed to be fun. We will try not to be overly legalistic with these rules as long as everyone makes a good-faith effort to comply.

just_some_guy_dave
01-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Dang, that turned out to be a lot longer than what I intended!

However, I work in insurance, so I tend to think about all the ways lawyers can twist my words when I write...and so I get wordy trying to plug loopholes.

Anyway, a couple of other comments:

First, I posted this in the Slave/Master Lounge because of the possible nature of the game, and because this is where the auction discussion had been happening. If a mod thinks this is better in the online game area, I will defer to their wisdom.

Next, I wrote this as if I were going to facilitate the game, and as if we were trying to get a trial run together in the near future. (Personally, I'd be interested in betting on the Super Bowl, but that could just be me.) On both counts, that pretty much prevents doing any sort of verification of folks entering the lottery.

If this were to become, say, a monthly game, there probably would need to be some "test" before entering the game for the first time -- do a simple, non-risky photo dare for the facilitator or assistant(s), come on cam and wave, etc. But that might be a bit much to ask for a first attempt.

I also thought about throwing in a semi-verification rule -- the facilitator periodically posts the entrants; if anyone has an issue with an entrant, then moderator asks for photo/cam proof....but despite my wordiness, I really was trying to keep it simple.

When I posted the earlier version of the idea in the auction thread, I wrote it thinking that the bet would be a cam-session as master/slave. However, I also thought that there might be some folks who would be more inclined to participate if the payoff were just a picture or four.

And, I threw in a few other items (<=4 pictures for a photo dare, limitations on what can be required of a webcam slave within a game), to hopefully put some bounds on the payoff dares, and maybe give some extra measure of comfort to folks who might be on the fence about entering.

I am willing to facilitate a first run of the lottery (actually, I'm strange, and trying to actually manage the matchups is within my weird sense of fun) if that will help get this moving.

Comments, anyone?

AAAgal
01-29-2008, 03:39 AM
I reckon our thanks should go to our friend with the longest user name ever, whom I shall call Dave, for all the time he's spent on this - so glad he doesn't charge by the hour.

Since getDare is a democratic forum, I suggest that we should have a vote on whether to accept Dave's offer to facilitate a trial Lottery game. If posts in favour of such a game out-number those against by midnight Thursday (getDare time), Dave should announce the "random event" on which the game is to be based and any other necessary information. (Please explain the upper and lower limits of whatever event you choose, Dave).

So, count me as one vote in favour. I'm off now to up my postings so I can join in.:)

xdressslave
01-29-2008, 05:16 AM
Well planned out, well written, and looks like a great idea. Got my vote in favour!

Sum
01-29-2008, 06:21 AM
midnight Thursday (getDare time),

Didn't realise getdare had it's own timezone now? Thought most people changed the timezone displayed to their own timezone.
If i remember correctly however the default is pst?

On the requirement that there has to be cams involved the only problem i can see is that it will severely reduce the number of girls that will be willing to play.
I never have known why everyone is always so hung up over cams.

just_some_guy_dave
01-29-2008, 09:07 AM
When I put together the rough draft in the auction thread, I originally was thinking that prize would be a webcam session. However, given how not everybody has a webcam or would be comfortable playing on cam, I figured it would be a good idea to add a digital photo option and a "can't require showing face" rule to make the game more accessible to those who might be shy, or don't want to risk too public (and too permanent) exposure online.

The rules also allow just about any limits a potential slave would want, to make it safer for shy or inexperienced folks to participate.

So, hopefully, what I wrote is something that would require a winning slave to "do something" and prove they did it without outing themselves if they don't want to, or otherwise going too far beyond their comfort zone.

I thought about expanding the rules to allow non-photo dares, or even truths, to open up the game as widely as possible. However, I didn't go that far. The rules are already more complicated than I hoped (it seemed so simple in my head!), and allowing non-photo dares or truths only add to the complexity. Also, I can see some folks complaining about winning slaves being able to cheat if no photo or webcam evidence is required.

Personally, I like well-written, believable stories even if they are fiction, but I'd think the game would be more sustainable if people believe that the winning slaves will actually make good on the bets.

But I'm open editing the rules, if that's what it takes to get more than just a couple of people willing to play.

Collared_Slave
01-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Im interested in being a slave - how do i sign up? - i cant understand it :(

suck1999
01-29-2008, 11:34 AM
This sounds like a really good idea. I will signup.

slaveboi2003
01-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Wow, really good job!!
I am so excited to start this, I think it will bring a lot to this forum.

Sum
01-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Still feel that by requiring a photo or cam thing you'll have a decided lack of females wanting to take part.

Most girls are far more sensible about cams than guys are.

just_some_guy_dave
01-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Still feel that by requiring a photo or cam thing you'll have a decided lack of females wanting to take part.

Most girls are far more sensible about cams than guys are.

I agree...although I think even if the cam/photo payoff were lifted, the male/female ratio would be still be very lopsided.

OK, thinking out loud here....possible modification to the rules:

We have two possible bets already -- a photo dare, or a webcam slave session. We could have a third option, available to females only -- in lieu of doing a photo dare, they can do the winning master's dare and write about the experience here. Say, 14 day time limit, minimum 500 words....?

(And again, you could sign up on the masters' list, slaves' list, or both; if you do a photo or cam dare as a slave, you specify the limits and cannot be required to show your face or otherwise identify yourself.)

To any ladies lurking who are on the fence about participating -- would the story-writing option cause you to be willing to join in?

Also, would relaxing the minimum post requirement to, say, 10 non-personal/non-one-line posts for females get us to critical mass?

(To guys who may be unhappy about giving girls a better chance of winning, an easier hurdle to qualify, and an easier way to settle the bet -- yes, it's unfair. What's really unfair is the lopsided male:female ratio in pervy venues online and IRL. Personally, I don't mind all-male games or events, but if you want co-ed play, sometimes you have to accept that life isn't fair.)

If there's interest in those changes, I'll amend the rules, and maybe issue a call for entries in the morning (U.S. Eastern time)?

just_some_guy_dave
01-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Given the feedback...I've revised the rules to allow female entrants a no photo/cam payoff option, and I guess we can open up for entries:

The challenge
I know I described this as a lottery...but it's Super Bowl weekend in the U.S., and I enjoy friendly bets on the game. After all, I need a reason other than the commercials to watch the game.

So -- the challenge for this first run of the game is to guess the winner of the Super Bowl (Patriots or Giants), and the point margin by which they win.

PM me your entry by 6:30pm US-EST Sunday night (11:30pm Sunday UTC; 10:30am Monday in Sydney, Australia) to enter. A sample entry is below.

(As I write this, the bookies seem to have the Patriots ahead by 12. The last time the Patriots and Giants met, the Pats won by 3.)

The rules are posted at the start of the thread -- but the payoff is either a 30-minute master/slave webcam session, or doing a dare (if male, the winning slave has to share photo proof of the dare with the winning master; if female, the winning slave may either submit photo proof, or write a story about the experience) Closest guess wins on the masters' list. Winner on the slaves' list is closest guess and compatible interests.

You may enter as a potential master, a potential slave, or both. Ladies entering the masters' list may make 3 guesses. Gentlemen on the masters list who will accept slaves of either gender may make 2 guesses. Gentlemen on the masters' list who will accept a slave of only one gender may make one guess.

Entrants to the slaves' list may make one guess, regardless of gender.

If entering on both the masters' and slaves' lists, the guesses must be different.

If you're entering, PM me the details of your entry. I'm posting my entry here, so you have a template to follow (and so I won't be accused of cheating), but you should keep your entry to PM.

getDare ID: just_some_guy_dave
Gender/Age: M/35
Gender/Age limits on partner: any gender, 25+ for webcam, 18+ for dare
Masters' list entries (F-3; BiM-2; OtherM-1): Giants by 9; Giants by 21
Slaves' list entry (must be different): Patriots by 24
Payoff (dare or webcam): Either
Make/model of digital camera (if entering as male slave for dare): Sony Cybershot W80
IM used (if entering for webcam payoff): Yahoo & MSN
Availability (if entering for webcam payoff, include time zone): 7-10am US EST, Saturdays & Sundays
Make/model of webcam (if entering as slave for webcam): built-in cam on Sony Vaio FE-890 laptop

Limits (if entering as slave, in addition to those in rules): Play only in my home office. No scat (poo), watersports (pee), or toilet activities. Not involving others IRL. Nothing that leaves marks or makes physical changes that would be noticed by others in public. Nothing that involves others outside the game.

Dare (if entering as master for possible dare payoff): I want the winning slave to write "Patriots suck" in large letters on their chest and/or stomach. If settling with a photo, the winning slave should be naked, but may cover up using their hands/arms as long as the message is legible. If settling with a story, you should stand naked, in front of an open window (hands covering bits allowed) for 10 minutes.

And again, to avoid folks gaming the system, please PM me your entries; do not post them to the thread.

I'll post updates on how many entries we have, as I'm able...and I'll post the results as quickly as I can after the game.

just_some_guy_dave
02-01-2008, 04:33 AM
Just an update --

After quite a bit of initial interest, we aren't exactly drawing a lot of entries. (One entry other than mine....)

If you want to play, please feel free to PM me before 6:30pm EST Sunday night.

just_some_guy_dave
02-03-2008, 06:46 AM
Reminder -- If you want to participate, entries are due in by 6:30PM EST (2330 UTC) this evening.

Response has been a little light, with only 3 entries having been received. However, I have PM'd several of you who expressed an interest, to see if we can get a few more folks in on the game.

just_some_guy_dave
02-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Well, the Superbowl is done, and the Giants won by 3.

Three is an interesting number. It's the number of entrants we had as well.

Here's the picks:

On the masters' list:
AAAGirl: Pats by 3, Pats by 9, Pats by 13
just_some_guy_dave: Giants by 9, Giants by 21

On the slaves' list:
scienceistasty: Pats by 16
just_some_guy_dave: Pats by 24

AAAGirl should be the winner...except there are no compatible slaves. She elected a photo dare ("Take 3 pics of yourself in different locations..."). Scienceistasty opted for a webcam payoff, and my limits specified playing only at home.

(AAGirl -- I assume that you didn't mean 3 locations in the same house. ;) )

Similarly, I'd be the fallback winner...but gender limits conflicted.

So.... Go Giants? :)

scienceistasty
02-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Moot point! Hooray! Party! :p

atownesq
02-03-2008, 09:32 PM
For the record, I predicted the correct winner AND margain of victory as I had the Giants by 3, but didn't realize I didn't have enough posts to be eligible. Still, I want some props for my mad prognosticating skills. :-)

AAAgal
02-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Well done The Giants, and well done to Dave who predicted the winning team against the odds.

So what happened to all those people who thought this idea was "awesome" and were definitely "up for it"?:confused:

The number of entries was, quite frankly, pathetic. Was there something about the procedure or rules that needs altering, or was the whole thing just an interesting (never to be repeated) experiment.

just_some_guy_dave
02-04-2008, 07:49 AM
To be honest, I don't think the results are terribly surprising.

I think that in any online forum of a naughty nature, there are a surprising number of folks who are all talk and no or limited action.

Heck, if you look at my own limits, I'm arguably guilty of that. (It's fun to dream of being more adventurous than I really am.)

There's a reason that a couple of other online stripping/dare games I'm in require proving yourself before you're permitted to join.

I only ever really expected a small turnout for a first-run, and I hoped that a successful payoff would create momentum for subsequent events.

I also figure that the drift in the focus, from auction, to lottery, to SuperBowl-guessing...plus some of the complexity in the rules from trying to make it as open a contest as possible...might have driven a few folks off.

But at least we were successful in one regard thanks to you AAAgal -- I think a number of potential contestants require a certain coeducational nature of the contests they join.

I'm willing to try one more time, in a couple of weeks. However, I'd appreciate constructive criticism on what can be done to make this work better (keeping in mind the goal of making this accessible to as many folks as possible).

AAAgal
02-04-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't want to monopolise this discussion, but I still believe the idea has potential.
Do the rules just need a tweak, or is a radical re-think needed?

I tried putting myself in the slave's place and realised that it could be quite a daunting propasition this; it's bad enough offering yourself for slavery with someone you've chosen, but to have no say in who your (albeit, temporary) master is, would be quite scary I feel.

So I'm floating a possible alterneative idea.

Potential masters and slaves apply as before, giving their choice of dare (on-line, off-line, story) and limits. the masters also lodge their "dare" with the facilitator.

Only the slaves bet on the "random event". The slave who is closest to the eventual result gets to choose a master from the applicants who conform to his limits. If he fails to choose a master, he is named and shamed on the forum.

All other rules remain as is - with the possible exception of the need to state your camera type. If someone wants to apply frivolously (for some reason), they can quite easily quote any old camera model.

So, what d'ya think?

ps atownesq - well done for guessing the result. You didn't say if you would have entered as a slave or master!

scienceistasty
02-04-2008, 02:24 PM
I know was actually pretty confused by the idea of guessing the spread. The examples you initially gave, versus the bet proper really confused me.

atownesq
02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
ps atownesq - well done for guessing the result. You didn't say if you would have entered as a slave or master!

I would have entered as a slave...Actually, I probably would have entered as both if I would have known that you could, but it's a moot point since I was ineligible anyway ;-)

SlaveSteve
03-20-2008, 05:28 AM
It would be hard to do since the NFL only plays five months out of the year. Unless you include Arena Football which would hardly be fair.

slave_guy
07-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Can I make a suggest from a non-US point of view...

I'd be interested in something like this, but NFL is rather American focused. There's not a whole lot of interest in it outside the US.

Plus, I imagine, that a number of females have absolutely no interest in NFL? (Or football generally) - yes, that's a big generalisation.

I'm in no way attacking NFL, its a great game, just not for everyone.

Perhaps betting on some other random event would encourage more people where it is completely random and no geographical limitations are imposed.

I do like the idea of picking a lottery from whereever the OP's home is, and having people guess the first number drawn or something like that.

Just my two cents, feel free to disregard.