PDA

View Full Version : ok to drink

wannatry2
06-27-2011, 05:47 AM
is it ok to drink your own pee?since being on here i have found i like the taste and would love to drink some on cam

DarkAndEvil
06-27-2011, 05:52 AM
In short yes, it's fine. Some people believe it has health-giving properties. I wouldn't have too much though!

daremaster 1
06-27-2011, 06:28 AM
I would say yes, but I would say the same thing as wannatry2 that I would not drink that much.

lucky
06-27-2011, 02:09 PM
I can assure you won't get to hospital, get sick or anything. Worst case you may get a little neck inflamation or something like it happens when smoking too much or getting a cold eating too much icecream... I liked to test anything and this was on my list once. Maybe you can try drinking lots of water first, so your pee will be mostly clean.

Le_piaget
06-27-2011, 02:12 PM
i can safely say, you drink too much of it and you'll destroy your kidneys...

Le_piaget
06-27-2011, 02:14 PM
i can safely say, you drink too much of it and you'll destroy your kidneys...

It can cause a build up of Urea salts in your blood, which is very bad

Slut-laura
06-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Pee is sterile right when it comes out of your body so yes it is safe to drink. Since it is sterile there is no good bacteria in it so it can very easily get contaminated. This being said if you drink it drink it while it's still warm and fresh.

sweetsong
06-30-2011, 07:29 PM
You should probably find your answer on a more credible site than gD, but I remember learning on a survival TV show that if you can't find water, you can drink your own pee safely to stay hydrated for a while longer. ;D

DMoe
06-30-2011, 07:45 PM
It looks like it is fine, maybe even a healthy habit. This is the article I found
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/142437/drinking_urine_for_health.html?cat=51

nellybell
07-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Warning babble time
A.) If you take medicine of any sort, not drink your urine. Often excess medicine not used by the body is expelled in your urine. GIRLS: If you're taking birth control pills, this applies to you big time. Excess estrogen is expelled through your urine and screwing with the levels of it could have bad effects. This also applies to vitimins, water soluble vitimins are expelled through your urine and there is a reason it is leaving, there was too much in the first place.
B.)If you have a crap immune system and can't properly fight off infections then it probably would be a bad idea to put the same bacteria you're having issues getting rid of back into your body.
C.) While urine may be sterile, your urethra is NOT. Anything you may have crawling around in there will contaiminate your urine. How to help that issue a bit? Let out a little urine first to "clean" out the bacteria and THEN empty it out into whatever you were aiming for.
D.) Urine has a high salt content in a concentrated form. Drink some water, dilute it. In general that is just a good idea. Plus it will bring down the really salty taste it is supposed to have.

Fun Facts:
If you drink something with artificial sweetners in it, like diet pop, the urine will have a sweetish taste to it.
Not so fun fact:
If you are sure you haven't had anything with artificials sweetners in it and it is still sweet, you may have diabetes.