PDA

View Full Version : Look Back & A Message to Depp

chain
12-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Hey Depp, there's been a lot of spam lately, what would you think of adding another Mod? Anyway i found this courtesy of http://www.web.archive.org

http://web.archive.org/web/20051013090931/http://www.getdare.com/

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f232/njppf/untitled-2.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f232/njppf/22.jpg

depp
12-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Wow, that was a long time ago. :-D

Anyways, I could go for a new mod. Anyone with a high post count that posts quality stuff can apply. Just reaply in this thread with a little blurb about why you want to moderate. Thanks.

Glutgod
12-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Yea I would like to be a moderate though I'll try and be on a bit more.

Ok the reason I think I should be a mod is because I have been on this sight for a while, even though a few of my post are in the never ending thread I still think I know my way around the sight and I can pack a few good dares, also because I'm always on daily and I can tell spam from good old dares so yea. Also I have had past experience in being leaders of other places and sights so I know how to controll situations and how to be a good mod, also I've noticed a lot of people putting the wrong things in the wrong places and if you make me a mod I can fix all that.

Smile Guy
12-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Hi, I would love to mod for this site. Although I have not been here for as long as some, I feel I have made myself a well-known person who is reasonably respected by others. I like to think that my posts are of good-quality and genuinely contribute to the site. My reasons for wanting to be a moderator are simply that I well and truly want to help this site continue to prosper. As a part of a team of moderators, I feel I could be respected by others, be reasonably active with going-ons in the site, be able to communicate with other people so as to be liked, but also able to clamp down quickly but fairly on any "bad behaviour" or "misunderstandings" on this site.

I genuinely hope you will consider my application. Thank you.

cheesy dude
12-17-2006, 06:12 AM
I would love to be a mod.

ive been coming on this site for ages at least once a day. though ihavnt posted once a day. I would like to help the getdare community grow futher and help keep it safe and idiot free :).
i remember the last mod search thing but i didnt get in. i hope you choose me this time.

chain
12-17-2006, 05:33 PM
We just have to wait for Depp.

depp
12-18-2006, 08:13 PM
This is a super hard decision. You guys are all great posters here at getDare and I don't want you to think otherwise.

I'll make my decision of Glutgod, Smile Guy, or Cheesy Dude soon!

depp
02-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Ok, I give up. I can't decide.

You both have moderation rights as of... NOW! :-D I trust you know what to do. If not, PM me and I will get back to you.

Manbearpig
03-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm suprised Tessdog didn't find this post on his failed quest to become a mod.

chain
03-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Long story but this thread hurts his point that I am power hungry and I don't want anyone else to mod, because in this thread I said we needed new mods. However, I believe it is safe to say that is over.......I think. I'm somewhat surprised you're not a mod yourself.

Kingkong
03-10-2007, 07:32 PM
That is a shocker after following this whole story.... Dabear seems like a good canidate. Prehaps he would be a good Mod.

Musty 21
03-10-2007, 09:50 PM
we need something like this were people can post apps to become a mod

Kingkong
03-10-2007, 10:18 PM
yup please continue this. Prehaps other postions other then Mod's. So like some people only handle certain things.

Smile Guy
03-11-2007, 05:39 AM
yup please continue this. Prehaps other postions other then Mod's. So like some people only handle certain things.

This site is possibly not quite big enough to need multiple jobs... yet! I'm sure it will expand in time.

Generally, after the whole mess we've had surrounding Tessdog (which I fear may not yet be over) it probably is not the best idea to have a continual mod application... erm... place. From experience in past sites, it's best just to have an application every now again, otherwise, you get... incidents...

As GetDare expands we will have more and more problems with this sort of things but they can all be combatted.

Musty 21
03-11-2007, 09:36 AM
You know how there is know a thing INSIDE of the Slave area that is slave punishment. Maybe they should make an area INSIDE the getDare.com that is for Mods and that have a mod aplication form

chain
03-11-2007, 01:10 PM
A mod area for current mods to discuss who should b a mod would be nice and I hope Depp does that......I'll take care of the other thing.

Musty 21
03-11-2007, 05:28 PM
lots of mods say we need a mod area, even some non-mods like me think it too

depp
03-12-2007, 04:13 PM
A mod area for current mods to discuss who should b a mod would be nice and I hope Depp does that......I'll take care of the other thing.

Done ;-)

Hope I didn't screw anything up in the process of setting it up.

depp=noob=lol
03-16-2007, 09:13 AM
would it be nice for us, not staff members to have a like NEWS thing once a month, so that we know new decisions etc i mean so that we know what you decided?