PDA

View Full Version : would this be illegal?

chris_wallis
06-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong sections but I don't think there's anywhere else where this would be appropriate. So anyway...I live in the U.S. and I recently learned you can be forced to register as a sex offender for "indecent exposure" (stupid I know). Anyway, what about underwear. I've done some googling and I got mixed results, most of what I read said it was ok, but I got some "it depends on the situation" answers as well. I like to do naked forrest dares, so would it be illegal for me to be in the woods wearing just my underwear? Thanks.

nellybell
06-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I feel that a "depends on the situation" answer is all you can really get. It probably has a lot to do with the arresting officer and the mood he is in. Some cops could be a real prick in this situation and charge you with it, while some might just tell you to go put pants on.

It is sort of a wierd situation, though. If it covers everything, meaning nothing is popping out or has a chance to, then you really aren't showing anything and depending on the underwear you are wearing a speedo could be worse. Children are often at pools or beaches where people are walking around in speedos *shudders at the thought* so they can't really complain too much. You're doing the safe thing in keeping it confinded to the woods. Someone would have to see you and call the cops on you or have a cop somehow happen across you. Plus you wouldn't likely be exposing yourself to any children which would be a big issue in the eyes of many cops.

These are just sort of common sense things so I leave it open to being completely wrong :p

chubbsman7
06-16-2011, 01:57 PM
If I were you, I'd check my local laws. I wouldn't do anything that would get me as a registered sex offender though. That's a really bad mark on you for the rest of your life.

Denver, for instance, has more lenient laws on topless-ness than other places do, from what I hear. I'd check your local laws, once again. They can't arrest you for inquiring on a law or crime.

Kitty Bella
06-16-2011, 02:35 PM
If I were you, I'd check my local laws. I wouldn't do anything that would get me as a registered sex offender though. That's a really bad mark on you for the rest of your life. They can't arrest you for inquiring on a law or crime.

This ^ ^
that will be your best bet

jeff10145
06-16-2011, 02:41 PM
i think it would be ok as long as you where covered up. look up the local laws about what has to be covered. then thats all that has to be covered up then you should be ok. I mean people wear speedos at the beach why cant you wear underwear in the woods. so i think you should be fine as long as you got everything covered.

Hollyann
06-16-2011, 03:03 PM
If you were in just underwear they would most likely tell you to go put pants on and it depends were you were naked at, on your property I don't think so at a park probably

lucky
06-16-2011, 03:09 PM
I dont get it. I suppose there is usually no policeman in the woods. Also first it probably needs that a person must feel sexually offended by you. This case can also happen fully dressed in an elevator but a serious thing usually happens when you are accused by someone, not found by a policeman who may usually just have his laugh on you.

Wearing pants means in the forest just you wanted to have some sun tan. Or recreate (I am often in my pants at forest barbeques - and the rest of the people there). If it is hot it is normal to strip to underwear in the forest. If someone finds you in bondage with nipple clamps or anything I can't think about right now that might be considered sex offence or probably playing stupid.

chubbsman7
06-16-2011, 06:13 PM
@Lucky.

I'm afraid that while this may be the best theoretical, and probably best hope for the law, it is not at all the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_the_law#Common_sex_crimes

If what you're planning falls into those categories, I would find a way for you to do it on private property where others cannot see you. I know this takes the "thrill" out of it, but some places are strict, while others (LA, Vegas, etc) are not.

Tyrel
06-16-2011, 06:26 PM
can or can't you get into trouble? wellcheck the local laws about it, but if there are any children or women around I'm sure they will get really hardass about it. I know here the city and county laws differ.

cbtslave4u2
06-17-2011, 12:05 AM
depends on what state you are in... there is the naked cowboy in times square and he's never been arrested.

chris_wallis
06-17-2011, 07:16 PM
depends on what state you are in... there is the naked cowboy in times square and he's never been arrested.

HAHAH! I LOVE the naked cowboy, although I haven't seen him in a while. =(

chris_wallis
06-17-2011, 07:23 PM
well from what I've read (3 different sources quoted directly from the law) the only thing that could get me in trouble is exposure of "genitals/private parts" so I'm assuming underwear is A OK! ;)

slaveboy82
06-17-2011, 07:57 PM
well from what I've read (3 different sources quoted directly from the law) the only thing that could get me in trouble is exposure of "genitals/private parts" so I'm assuming underwear is A OK! ;)

as a professional driver i must advise you that the letter of the law does not mean CRAP. Ask any officer of the so called laws of any state or the us government and they will tell you that the so called letter of the law is interpreted depending on the officer. there is NO exact definition for laws just depends on how they want to apply them in most cases.

potter1harry
06-17-2011, 08:02 PM
well i go outside in my undies in public all the time

Master92
06-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Idk where you are but I kno here in Michigan in bfe I can become a sex offender for taking a pee next to my truck in my personal field in the middle of pretty much nowhere even if noone sees anything except that u are peeing so I'd ask a cop or something or make sure u out in the woods where noone is

Tyrel
06-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Basically know the laws where you plan to do any dare, and try to get a feel for the attitude of the area. Where I'm at, if it can't be clearly seen it didn't happen unless children are involved.

Kitty Bella
06-18-2011, 12:43 AM

i still advise u to talk to the local police about the laws of that.

sweet dave
06-19-2011, 11:03 PM
hey i live in new jersey, i know our laws maybe different but all the answers here have a point, if u are in just your underwear it really depends on the city and state, being labeled a sex offender ruins ur life trust me. but check on ur local state law sites it might state it on there also.