PDA

View Full Version : chat room mod

zeketheorc
01-16-2008, 06:16 PM
I was thinking that maybe we should have a mod or two for the chat room. We seem to have mods for everything else so it makes sense to me. What does everyone else think?

Fiendish
01-16-2008, 06:18 PM
I call not it...

although it seems like there should be one or two there as well...

SubMissChievous
01-16-2008, 06:20 PM
First thing that I think is that I will move this to the Suggestion sub-forum :)

But yes, it sounds like a very good idea. Personally, I don't use the chat much but since it's a very popular feature here I guess there could be use for one.

zeketheorc
01-16-2008, 07:18 PM
I appreciate you moving it to the correct place :)

Glutgod
01-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Yes, it would be nice to have a chat room mod, but all the mods already have the powers of a chat room mod when they enter, so if anything happens any mod could help out, but it is still a good idea.

Marc
01-17-2008, 12:06 AM
When I'm in the Chatroom I have my mod "hat" on (as indicated by the little logo beside my name - but frankly I don't see anything going wrong in there given what is allowed to happen (indeed, I'm probably as bad as others with not complying to the letter of the GetDare rules!)

I don't think a specific ChatRoom Mod is needed - they could get very bored waiting for anything to happen!

Ok, so I'm on GMT and it may get very busy in the middle of the (UK) night when the States reach the evening so I could be wrong on that basis...

Davros
01-17-2008, 03:48 PM
I agree with Marc. I think the Mods would have to each sort out seperate times using their time zones so there's always a mod in there - there's no point having a chatroom mod with no mod is there?

But there are some times when the chat is so dull and nothing happens.

zeketheorc
01-17-2008, 03:58 PM
while all the mods may have the power of a chat room mod, from my experience it has not been too common to actually see a mod in the chat room itself. This is the reason I started this thread.

Sum
01-17-2008, 05:13 PM
I agree with Marc. I think the Mods would have to each sort out seperate times using their time zones so there's always a mod in there - there's no point having a chatroom mod with no mod is there?

But there are some times when the chat is so dull and nothing happens.

Another alternative, which would require less person power would be to have a mod who patrols the room at the times when on average it is at its busiest (I'm sure depp would have usage records for this)

Otherwise it's just not really feasible, as like you say there are long periods where the room is empty if not near empty.

brownie
01-17-2008, 06:06 PM
wow some much changes, chole u are a mod! :rolleyes:

Ill be a mod for the chat room :D
Then i can put other people on probation

TheLittleStrawberry
01-17-2008, 08:06 PM

No you wont... Trust me.

Also nice spelling of "Chloe" :rolleyes:

Davros
01-19-2008, 06:24 PM
wow some much changes, chole u are a mod! :rolleyes:

Then i can put other people on probation

You! put people on probation? Keep dreaming.

alexrules01
01-19-2008, 09:54 PM
If you are after a Chat room mod, I'd vote for Merlin, he's always on there when I come on. :)

depp
01-20-2008, 06:05 AM
A 24 hour transcript is kept of all chat room activity. If you report something immediatly we can sort through the beast of text, verify it, and take action. Also the chat has a nifty "ignore" feature that lets you not be bothered by users you don't like. These features combined make me secure in the current chat room situation.

If regular problems begin to arise I will definitely add a moderator to this area of the site.

scienceistasty
01-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I was going to say what Depp said, that there is an ignore feature for those who lovely individuals who you'd rather not hear from. That makes the mod thing not entirely essential to the chat.