PDA

View Full Version : Writers league

NinjaSlave
05-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Can a few of the writers create a "league" or something that you had to be invited to, it would be cool.

Dylan xX
05-29-2011, 09:43 PM
I've actually considered this before, but I'm by no means the person to lead it.

I'm sure if Shiny or Rachie or someone of that caliber lead it, it could be a huge success.

Star Shadows
05-30-2011, 03:21 AM
This is a cool idea- Would be cool but I think it will just separate the community more- there is a risk that people would be less likely to read the stories of people not in the league.

fromo
05-30-2011, 05:15 AM
This is a cool idea- Would be cool but I think it will just separate the community more- there is a risk that people would be less likely to read the stories of people not in the league.

A true point, but it would also likely atract more people to the site, if you begin posting the stories on other sites, then advertise the base of the group. :P

Star Shadows
05-30-2011, 06:14 AM
A true point, but it would also likely atract more people to the site, if you begin posting the stories on other sites, then advertise the base of the group. :P

Ah I didn't understand that to be part of the idea. I guess you're right on that aspect then- though you have to be careful as to what kind of new revenue you bring in, more is not always better.

submissiver
05-31-2011, 08:39 AM
It sounds very good, but there would be a divide,
Not reading non-leagians stories, * copy's starshadow's every word*

WowwieGoesWoof
05-31-2011, 10:47 AM
You could have it partitioned into a sub-forum so those invited would be known throughout the community and others outside it would not? Start it off like that and change it as you go to suit how it works best?

Dylan xX
05-31-2011, 11:05 AM
I don't really wanna split authors up, but having a league could really improve the writings of everyone in it, and set a standard for those outside of it to work their way in.

Rachie
05-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Can i ask what the main advantage of this would be?

If your meaning a place to go to get help with ideas, encouragement etc, i believe i as well as several others already try to do this.

If as "fromo" says about advertising on other sites / community, this again is also similar to what i'm already doing. (flyer in local town etc)

I know there is a lot of viewers of getDare that never join the site to comment or participate for some reason or other.

I just can't see what league you can have that would benefit members of getDare. There is already a fiction / non fiction section -- mature content / tord section--- as well as a completed story section.

If there was in anyway a big enough advantage for this, as well as little / no loss for others i would be happy to help. (Not enough info in posters comment)

I'm sure if Shiny or Rachie or someone of that caliber lead it, it could be a huge success.

Thanks for the faith

Love Rachie
x x x x

Dylan xX
05-31-2011, 11:33 AM
I just can't see what league you can have that would benefit members of getDare. There is already a fiction / non fiction section -- mature content / tord section--- as well as a completed story section.

If there was in anyway a big enough advantage for this, as well as little / no loss for others i would be happy to help. (Not enough info in posters comment)

Love Rachie
x x x x[/QUOTE]

Yeah the guy that made this thread didn't really post any info whatsoever. I don't think it's necessary to make an entire section for the league. I just think it should be a little chain where people add each other and create something simple as an MSN group or something, and agree to spell check, review, and do anything necessary to help fellow league members' stories.

WowwieGoesWoof
05-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah the guy that made this thread didn't really post any info whatsoever. I don't think it's necessary to make an entire section for the league. I just think it should be a little chain where people add each other and create something simple as an MSN group or something, and agree to spell check, review, and do anything necessary to help fellow league members' stories.

That seems far more plausible as to not be detrimental to the stories section in general. And without causing a fuss.

Dylan xX
05-31-2011, 11:39 AM
That seems far more plausible as to not be detrimental to the stories section in general. And without causing a fuss.

Exactly! So I'm thinking we should get someone capable -cough Rachie cough- to lead it and create a little thread for it, including the members and what it's about.. etc. Then she can choose who to invite OR could alternatively create a little application form so people can apply instead.

WowwieGoesWoof
05-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Indeed. I think a medium sized application asking some basic questions and whatnot would make for something not over the top and more communal.