PDA

View Full Version : Creatures for CollaredBlondie

Enslaved Demon
04-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Here is a short story I wrote for CollaredBlondie after a quick chat in the chatroom.

He looked through the microscopes eyepiece, carefully examining the miniature creatures. Smiling, he leant back in his chair. Everything was going perfectly. He picked up the clipboard from his desk and scribbled down a few notes. He returned the clipboard to the desk and headed off for lunch.

After a brief lunch, he returned to his desk. Upon examining the sample, he was startled to see that a new creature had formed. Grabbing his clipboard, he hastily flipped over to a blank page and wrote down a name for the new creatures. He carefully watched and examined them, all the while making detailed notes about everything they did. It saddened him to see that this new creature was also carnivorous but it could not be helped. He was not allowed to interfere as it would invalidate the results. So he just watched, documented and waited.

The new creatures prospered, diversified and began to form groups, which worried him slightly. He was curious though as to why the creatures formed these particular groups.

He found out soon enough and not in the way he hoped or had expected.

All of the creature's groups has started attacking the other groups, through pure xenophobia.

He could only watch in horror as they wiped each other out, leaving no survivors.

He picked up the clipboard once more to the page titled "Humans", put a cross through the notes and wrote down in large letters below the title "Not Viable".

xeldin
04-14-2011, 06:15 PM
meow... :) very good story :P alittle confusing at first :P i read thru like 3 times before i get it :P

CollaredBlondie
04-15-2011, 03:05 AM
Oh ho, clever, very clever. I like it :) I really do.

You should write more in general (and not get rid of anything you write). Breaks my heart to hear about people throwing away everything they write, it's like D: no! Don't do that, I bet it was awesome!

Blondie x

theone
04-15-2011, 03:36 AM
Hmmm,

Now, this microscope researcher seems to be making a lot of subjective conclusions. We need a qualified researcher, one who is able to make objective observations based entirely on empirical data.

Sorry, couldn’t resist that. :)